Knock knock knock

The door creaked open.

Junhui and Mingyu turned to look and see who had opened the door.

In front of the door stood a man with short hair and glasses. He stepped inside the room. A man with small eyes and sharp features followed him from behind.

"Wonwoo, Chan!" Junhui proceeded to go towards them and gave both boys a hug. "You guys made it!"

"Of course, we would." Wonwoo smiles at Junhui.

"Jun-hyung, I still can't believe you're the first one of us to get married." Chan said, his mouth slightly open from the disbelief.

"That's what I said!" Mingyu walked up to them to join them in their hug session.

"Take a seat, guys." Junhui backed away from the hug and pointed to the couch that Mingyu was just previously sitting on before he had stood up for the group hug.

The three boys sat down comfortably on the big couch. Junhui tried to sit, but Mingyu didn't allow him, worried that his clothes would wrinkle.

"Wow..." Chan looked at Junhui from top to bottom. "You look great, hyung."

"I know I do." Junhui chuckled.

Chan rolled his eyes. "Self-absorbed as usual."

Junhui laughed at the younger boy's comment. "Hey! You can't say that. I'm your hyung and it's my wedding today!" He said, trying to sound serious, but failing miserably.

Chan sighed. "Okay, okay. I'll let you win today, hyung."

Junhui burst out in laughter. "Hey! I always won!"

"Sure. If you say so, hyung." Chan said in a slightly mocking manner.

Junhui slowly shook his head three times from left to right.

Left and right. Left and right. Left and right.

"Are we the first ones here?" The man with glasses looked around the room.

"Mingyu already arrived a while ago and then there's both of you guys. There's still roughly an hour and forty minutes left." Junhui looked at his watch. "There are already a few people in the wedding hall with family, relatives, and friends, but I'm not too sure if the other guys are already there."

Chan nods. "Where's Minghao-hyung? I didn't see him anywhere." The youngest in the room asked the question.

The question.

Like dropping the bomb.

Junhui looked down on his glossy black shoes. "...Ming-"

"Minghao's not here yet." Mingyu interrupted.

"O-oh..." Chan stuttered, regretting what he asked when he saw Junhui's face sullen.

"I-I-It's okay! H-He'll be here! Minghao-hyung will definitely..." Chan pauses for a second, looking at everyone's expressions. "... R-Right, hyung?" He turned towards Wonwoo. Fuck! I should stop talking. I'm making things worse.

Wonwoo looked up to Chan and gave him a discouraging look.

Junhui flinched at the younger boy's statement. "Wonwoo, did Hao... did he tell you anything?" He looked at the boy with glasses. He was practically begging to know.

Wonwoo looked at Junhui, not knowing what to say. For the first time in his life, he felt the need to lie and say that he was sure that Minghao would come.

But he didn't know for sure.

No one did.

"He was supposed to be here an hour ago, but he's completely out of reach..." Junhui said, looking at Wonwoo with desperation.

Wonwoo saw Junhui's eyes.

Eyes that were filled with plenty of mixed and unidentifiable emotions.

He couldn't stand looking at Junhui's eyes like that. He looked away and averted his gaze.

Junhui looked at everyone, one by one, only to see that everyone had been avoiding eye contact with him.

They didn't know what to say.

They didn't know how to comfort Junhui.

They didn't know how to assure him.

They didn't know where Minghao was or what he was doing.

But one thing that they do know...

Is that they can understand why.

Why things were like this.

Why Minghao was missing.

Why he was not there.

A dreadful silence had filled the room. A silence no one enjoyed and a silence no one could control.

Nothing could be heard.

Nothing except their own heartbeats.

Heartbeats that beat for various reasons:

Love,

Joy,

Worry,

Desperation,

And fear.

END

_
_
_
_
_

A/N: Hi, readers. In case you're confused with what's happening, let me explain to you.

The "wedding" is the present time. While they're there in the room together with Junhui, they start to recall their past memories that they spent together. Thus, having flashbacks like with what happened during Chapter 2 and Chapter 3.

I hope y'all understand it now.

Feel free to comment out your thoughts or if you have any questions:)