三十八

That night, Minghao went home alone, driving through the highways, taking a few detours here and there. He wasn't really going anywhere specific. He just wanted to be alone and drive away for now.

The moment he got to his unit, he rummaged through his drawers, the closets, the table, under the table, and pretty much everywhere.

But what exactly was he looking for?

He reached on the upper part of his bookshelf, feeling the surface, as if reading braille. Midway, he felt something faint that met his fingers. He picked it up and looked at it.

It was a SIM card.

He held it in his hands for a few seconds, just looking at it. His hand was slightly shaking, flipping the object with his fingers.

I don't know...

He walked over to his desk and took his phone out from his pocket, placing it down. He took the phone case off of his phone, holding the SIM card in his other hand.

He stared at it just like that for a few moments.

No, I shouldn't.

He sighed, tossing the SIM card on his desk and placing his phone down on the desk, not bothering to put the case back in. He slowly walked to his bed and sat down for a while, staring blankly ahead.

After some time, he lay himself down the bed, just staring at the ceiling.

He didn't know what he was feeling right now. He didn't talk. He didn't move. All he did was just to breathe and blink.

Was he sad?

Was he mad?

Was he jealous?

Was he okay?

He didn't know either.

His face wasn't showing any emotions.

Maybe he was in a state of shock,

A state of disbelief,

A state of denial,

Or maybe he was just tired.

He wasn't really sure.

He could've drank alcohol, but he didn't. His fridge was fully stocked with alcohol, but he showed no signs of wanting to drink. Well, he showed no signs of wanting to do anything in general. He didn't scream. He didn't cry. He didn't smile. He didn't frown.

It went like that until the sun came up. He was awake the whole time, not doing anything.

Soon enough, his alarm rang and it was time to get ready for work. He dismissed the alarm and walked up to his closet, finding clothes to put on. He did all he needed to, just like nothing happened. He cooked, ate breakfast, showered, and made sure all the electronics were turned off. He left to go to work right after.

As he got to work, he was greeted by Soonyoung.

"Hey, Minghao! You okay?" Soonyoung asked, linking his arm on Minghao's.

"Yeah." Minghao smiled.

"How was it yesterday? What did Jun say? You sure everything's alright?" Soonyoung asked as the two continued walking the hallway with their arms linked together.

Minghao nodded. "Yeah, it was all good." He checked his watch. "Hyung, let's go. They're probably waiting for us."

"O-Oh... yeah. Okay. Let's go then." Soonyoung stuttered.

Was everything really okay?

As they continued their work, teaching the choreography to one of the male K-Pop groups, Soonyoung took glances at Minghao every once in a while, worried.