二十三

"WHAT?" Two boys yelled in unison, eyes repeatedly blinking, not sure if they had heard the boy right.

"He... asked you out? Like he asked you if he could be your boyfriend?" Mingyu asked, his voice getting louder.

Minghao nodded. "Yeah..."

"Wait." MIngyu placed his hand on his forehead, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. "Why? How? What? And you decided to tell us only now? After a whole week?"

"Let him finish first." Wonwoo said, also not knowing what on earth is happening.

Minghao let out a sigh. "When we were at the park, he asked me if I wanted to be his boyfriend."

"And?" Mingyu asked, feeling restless and whole bunch of other things. "What did you say?"

"Nothing. I-I didn't know what to say. So, I didn't say anything." Minghao said looking down, but also stealing glances at the two boys' reactions. "He told me to think about it and that he'd wait however long."

"And that's all?" Mingyu crossed his arms together.

Minghao rubbed his eyes, falling into a slight pinch on the upper part of the septum of his nose. "He told me to use him."

"Use what? Use... what?" Mingyu shook his head. "What? Why? What do you mean?"

The raven haired boy let out a sigh. "He knows that... I... like Jun." He replied, pulling his knees closer to himself. "And..."

...

...

...

"Use me."

Minghao turned his head, mouth wide open. "What?"

Yanan looked at the raven haired boy in the eye. "Use me to get over Junhui."

Minghao was dumbfounded. He placed his hand on his temples, rubbing them. "Wai-"

"Hear me out first." Yanan interruppted, raising his hands up, making his palms visible.

Minghao furrowed his eyebrows, looked at him for about three seconds, and nodded.

"Use me to get over Junhui." 

The moment those words were said, Minghao felt something rushing through him. He wasn't quite sure what it was, but it was something. Was it positive? Was it negative? No one knew. It was many things.

"I... I think I like... I'm interested... in you." Yanan said, looking down, avoiding Minghao's gaze. "And I know that you like someone else, but... Junhui... he already has..." He cupped his face with his hands. "No, that's not what I was gonna say. What I'm trying to say is that I want to try dating you... to know how I really feel. You might also get over Junhui like this. I know I'm selfish for asking this. I know that this is just my wishful thinking for you to actually like me, but still... Please give me a chance." He slightly took his hand down, taking a peek at Minghao's face. 

"Please give me a shot." Yanan said, the moment he saw the expression on Minghao's face. "You don't need to reply now. I'll wait for it how ever long you need." He said, reassuring the raven haired boy with a warm smile.

...

,,,

,,,

"What the fuck? That was stupid!" Mingyu scoffed, then, glanced at Minghao.

Minghao was embracing his legs towards himself, looking dpwn, pondering.

"Wait." The tall boy leaned forward, catching Minghao's attention. "You're not actually thinking about this, right?"