十九

It was 11:30 PM and Junhui had just gone home from his date with Yuna.

He opens the door of his apartment and takes off his shoes. "Hao? Are you in your room?" He says loudly, but not loud enough to be a yell.

No response.

Hmm... did Hao sleep already? He's usually awake until this time.

He went into his own room to change his clothes into more comfortable ones.

Wait is he upset that I didn't go with him earlier? Is that why he's not answering? No... he's not mad at me, right?

He grabs the clothes he had worn and dumps them on the clothing rack. He yawns. "Wow, I'm actually kinda tired." He says to himself, looking at his own. He just wished that he could jump in and just pass out on it right now. He shakes his head.

I should check up on Hao before I sleep.

Junhui goes over to the boy's room.

Knock, knock.

"Hao, can I come in?" He asked, but went in anyways, not waiting for a reply.

Junhui enters Minghao's room. The lights were all off and he saw the boy lying down. He looked over to see Minghao's face to confirm if he was actually asleep or not.

Minghao sometimes pretended that he was sleeping whenever he didn't want to talk to Junhui.

As he steps closer, standing beside Minghao's bed, he could smell something familiar.

Is this... alcohol? Beer?

Junhui scratched the top of his head.

Minghao doesn't like beer though. Why would he drink beer?

Junhui saw the boy's eyes flicker.

"J-Jun?" Minghao said with a raspy voice. "W-why are you here?" He rubbed his eyes, yawning.

"Hao, is something wrong? Why did you drink? And why beer? Are you okay?" Junhui asks with a concerned tone.

It wasn't uncommon for Minghao to drink, but he never drank beer. Minghao also never drunk until he passed out like this.

Minghao blinks a few times with each blink getting weaker. He arranged his body in a more comfortable position, not replying to anything that Junhui had asked him.

"Hao, answer me." Junhui leaned closer to make eye-to-eye contact with Minghao. "Is everything okay?" He asked, fixing the blanket on Minghao.

Minghao just yawned.

Junhui yawned, seeing Minghao yawn made himself yawn too.

I should get some sleep too.

He figured that he won't be getting an answer from Minghao. He turned around and was about to walk away, but he felt something grabbing hem of his shirt from the back.

Junhui turns around. "Hao?"

"...ay..." Minghao quietly muttered, inaudible to Junhui.

"Hm?" Junhui leaned closer to the boy, nearing his face to hear what he was saying. "What was that?"

"Stay." Minghao whispered to Junhui's ears.

Minghao can be a slight bit clingy and liked skinship with people he's close with like his friends. Although, Minghao would hate it if someone he's not close with tries to give him a hug or hold his hand. In the midst of all this, he never said anything about it out loud. Even during sleepovers, it had always been Junhui who had asked Minghao for it. Even when they had hung out, it was usually Junhui who had asked Minghao. Hearing Minghao say that surprised Junhui a bit.