"Jun."

Junhui's eyes flickered.

"Junnie."

He had woken up to a familar voice. He squinted his eyes and there was Minghao sitting on the side of Junhui's bed, illuminated by the light coming out of the windows. The black-haired boy was wearing a white fuzzy sweater with a long-sleeve button-up underneath. Minghao pretty much looked like an angel at this moment. It was picture-perfect.

Junhui rubbed his eyes. "Hao...?"

"Wake up, Jun. We have a 7:30 class today." He ruffled through the Junhui's hair. "You know how cranky Prof. Kim can get with tardy students."

Junhui sat up the bed, leaning against the wall. He stretched his arms up and yawned. "Good morning, Hao."

"Good morning, Jun." Minghao got up. "I made breakfast. Let's eat."

The boy was still a little bit sleepy, but managed to resist going back to bed. He stood up in his feet and followed Minghao to the living room.

Junhui's bedhair was a total mess, but Minghao thought it was cute. Being able to see him every single day, morning to night, made Minghao feel happy and warm inside.

The two boys were in their first year of college and were living together as roommates. They were in the same college as Mingyu and Wonwoo, but the others were enrolled in the different colleges and most of the thirteen friends had ended up not being as close as they used to be. Junhui and Minghao had been living fine though. They were comfortable living together, as they knew each other for almost a decade.

"It tastes great!" Junhui raised his hand, giving a thumbs up.

Minghao scoffed. "It's just a bacon and egg sandwhich."

"And it takes a whole lot of skill to make a simple sandwhich to taste this great. Thanks, Hao." He said, munching on the sandwhich.

Minghao rolled his eyes and took a bite on his own sandwhich

Junhui sighed and put his sandwhich down for a second.

"Something wrong with the food? Was the seasoning too much?" Minghao asked.

"No, the food's amazing!" He grinned. "Hao, I don't know what I'd do without you. I might have to ask for your hand in marriage soon. Can't have anyone else snatching you up." He winked.

Minghao felt his cheeks heat up a little. "Oh, shut up, stupid." He buried his sandwhich in his mouth. "Just eat faster and go take a shower." He got up and took his plate to the sink and washed it.

If only it were true. If only it weren't a joke. If only it it was real.

As much as he would've loved for it to be real, he knew it wasn't. He wasn't delusional enough. Sure, there were countless times that he wished for it, but deep down he thought...

Maybe... maybe it just wasn't meant to be. Maybe... we just weren't meant to be together.

"Tell me when you're done showering. There's not much time left." Minghao said, wiping the plates dry and putting them back to the shelf.

"Okay!" Junhui replied, with a wide grin.

As soon as Minghao finished washing the dishes, he went to his room and plopped on his bed. He sighed and just waited there for Junhui.

Ten minutes have passed and Junhui still hasn't knocked on Minghao's room or anything. Minghao checked his phone.

6:53 AM

Minghao got up the bed and turned the doorknob. As soon as he opened the door, his jaw dropped and he turned his head to look away, leaving an extreme tint of red on his cheeks. It was Junhui who came out fresh from the shower.

Literally.

"Jun! How many times have I told you to put some clothes on when you get out of the shower?" Minghao said, flustered, trying to look away at the boy who was fully exposed.

"So, what? You've seen it plenty of times anyways!" Jun said, not even trying to cover himself up.

"Jun, that's not the point! W-what if a visitor, or the landlord, o-or someone else was inside our apartment?" Minghao said, trying to cover his not-so-virgin eyes.

"But no one's here right now." Jun said, gesturing his hands towards the apartment, emphasizing that there were only the two of them in it.

"C-c-can't you at least try to cover it up?" Minghao asked sheepishly.

"Why are you so shy?" Junhui chuckled. "Are you getting tur-?"

"-SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

Junhui fell into an even bigger laugh.

"Anyways, I was gonna ask if you had a spare towel. Mine's in the laundry." Jun placed his hand at the back of his head.

Minghao quickly shut his door closed and went inside. Three seconds later, he opened the door and threw a towel at the boy standing in front of his door. He quickly slammed the door closed after throwing the towel.

"Thanks!" Junhui said from outside.

Minghao jumped on his bed once more. He hugged his many pillows tightly, kind of aggressively.

Stupid...

END