十八

Soon, the said next Monday came.

The Monday that Minghao had been both nervous and was looking forward to.

It was 3:02 PM and Minghao had just arrived at the movie theater, waiting for Junhui. They had agreed to meet up at 3:00 PM. They would've gone to the cinema together, but Minghao had a class until 2:00 PM. He would've arrived twenty minutes earlier had it not been for his professor who once again decided to extend his lecture. It wasn't even a mandatory class and yet he had the audacity to extend it.

Honestly, Minghao wouldn't have minded the class extension too much if it were any other day. Unfortunately for him, today was not just any other day for the boy. He'd been waiting for it, after all.

Waiting for Junhui.

But come to think of it...

Where's Jun?

He looked around the cinema hall, looking for Junhui, but left with no luck.

Ting~ Ting~ Ting~

There were multiple notification sounds coming out of his phone. He quickly opened it to see who on earth had the nerve to spam him with notifications. His eyes immediately widened when he saw who messaged him.

Junnie:
haooo
i'm rlly sorry
i cant go with u today
i forgot to tell u
it was actually my 2nd monthsary with yuna
i'm so sorry hao
let's go next time
my treat i promise ^^

Minghao held his breath, while reading Junhui's messages. This was one of the reasons why they could no longer talk as much. Minghao wasn't blaming Junhui. He wasn't blaming his girlfriend either.

He was blaming himself.

Of course, why did I even expect anything?

It hurt him.

But what else could I possibly do?

What right do I have?

It's just me being delusional as always.
It's just me hurting myself as always.

Minghao looked up to the ceiling, laughing at his pathetic self. People gave him weird stares. He probably looked crazy, laughing randomly while looking above. But he didn't care what he looked like right now.

He took a few deep breaths before replying.

Hao:
it's ok
have fun

Junnie:
thanks
i'm rlly sorry hao

read

Minghao sighed, he turned his phone off, not replying to Junhui's message anymore. Then, he left the movie theater. He contemplated whether he should leave or watch the movie alone, but he couldn't.

What's the point of watching a movie if he's not here with me?

He knew that rather than enjoying the movie, he might just end up either bawling or just sitting there while his thoughts swallow him whole.

He soon left the mall and went home all alone. He opened the door and it was quiet. No Junhui to be seen.

Of course, he's not here. He's with his girlfriend. Why was I thinking that he might be here?

A memory played in his mind. Memories to be exact.

Memories of him coming home and seeing Junhui's wide grin, always ready to welcome him home.