二十六

(The entire chapter is written in Minghao's POV.)

It happened a long time ago,

But I still clearly remember

The moment I met you...

...

...

...

"Okay, class." The teacher said loudly, trying to gather everyone's attention. "Today we have a new student joining us today. I know it's a bit late and we're already on the second quarter, but he just moved in the neighborhood recently."

The teacher waved at me, gesturing to enter the classroom.

I hesitantly walked in the room, looking down, hands clumped together. 

At that time I had one thought.

Can I run away?

"Can you introduce yourself?" The teacher asked, smiling.

"I-I'm... S-Seo M-Myungho..."

The teacher patted my shoulders. "You don't need to be shy! We're all friends here, right?"

The kids just replied with a not-so-coordinated-but-loud 'yes, teacher'.

I just stood there, fingers fiddling with each other, not saying anything.

"Can you tell us a bit about yourself? Is there anything you're interested in?" The teacher asked.

It took me a few seconds to answer, but I ended up just blurting something that I immediately regretted. "I-I... I like dancing..."

The room was filled with the kids going 'ohhh'.

I wasn't looking up, but I could feel it. 

The sharp gazes of people piercing through me.

And it was not a very nice feeling.

"Wow, that's cool. Can you show us a bit?" The teacher asked.

Looking back, it was really annoying, honestly. I really hated it when teachers asked me to dance or something. My anxiety was basically rising through the roof. 

I just stood there, not saying anything.

"Myungho still seems a bit shy. We can just do this some other time." The teacher said.

You have no idea how glad I was when she said that. If I could, I'd just do this whole 'introduce yourself' thing some other time as well.

Better yet, can I not?

"You can sit on the vacant seat over there, next to Junhwi." The teacher pointed on a seat on the far right side, by the window.

Oh, thank god, we're finished with all that stuff.

I think god's finally helping me out.

"Your next teacher's coming in a few minutes. Please behave, okay?" The teacher said, exiting the classroom.

I sat down on the said chair. Just as I sat down, there he was.

"Hi, I'm Junhwi, but you can call me Jun if you want." Junhui said, waving.

 He was smiling rather aggressively. He was his childish self, just like he is until now. It was cute.

"H-Hello..." I replied.

"I think dancing is really cool! I want to try learning it too." Junhui said with his ever-so-bright smile.

"Really?! I-I can teach you! B-But only if y-you're okay with that..."