二十二

Wait a second. What time is it?

Minghao took his phone out from his pocket, checking the time. 

It's 3:34 PM already? Crap! I'm almost late!

The raven haired boy quickly opened his closet and took out his camera. He went out his room and there was a boy sitting comfortably on the couch.

"Where are you going?" Junhui asked, getting up from the couch, looking at Minghao.

Minghao looked around himself, making sure he had brought his phone and his wallet with him. "Uh... I'm going out with Yanan."

"Again?" Junhui asked, placing his phone in his pockets, giving his full attention to the boy before him. "Didn't you go somewhere with him just a few days ago?"

Minghao sighed. "Yeah, and? You're always out with Yuna anyways. What's the problem?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We haven't hung out in a while." The brunette replied, walking slowly towards Minghao. "We should hang out somewhere. Just the two of us."

Minghao scratched the back of his head. "Uh... sure. Whenever we're both free, I guess."

"Okay, let's set a schedule soon." Junhui said, a few steps away from Minghao, with a warm smile on his face. "Get back safe."

Minghao hummed in response and left the apartment.

About ten to twenty minutes later, he arrived in the park and saw Yanan who was sitting by the bench.

Minghao ran up to silver haired boy, greeting him with a smile. "Sorry, I'm late."

"It's alright. I brought churros." Yanan said, raising the cardboard container of churros.

"Thanks." Minghao smiled and took a seat down. "I guess we should eat first."

Yanan took a bite on the churro on his hand. "So, how's you and Junhui?"

Minghao sighed, taking a churro into his mouth. "I don't even know anymore. Trying to move on as usual. It's been more than six months since Junhui had introduced Yuna to me as his girlfriend, but here I am." He looked down his hands, fiddling with his left index finger. "Still trying to act natural, but trying to move on at the same time. I'm getting used to it by now. It still hurts, but what else can I do anyways?"

Yanan hummed in response, letting Minghao know that he was listening.

"I honestly don't know what I can do." Minghao rested his head back. "A part of me thinks that slowly pushing him away is what I can do to get over him, but at the same time, I don't want to lose our friendship, you know? I mean, I like him, but it'd hurt me if we can't even stay friends." He took another churro from the cardboard packaging, lifting it up in the air, just looking at it. "But I don't know what else I can do about it other than just to try to push him away or avoid him. He's happy with someone else. I should just be happy for him... right?"

Minghao looked at Yanan and realized that Yanan was staring at Minghao. He cleared his throat, breaking the eye contact with Yanan. "What about you though? Have you talked to your parents?"

Yanan looked down and let out a sigh. "No, I haven't. I tried talking with my mom and it's slowly making progress, I guess, but my dad..." He balled up his hands into a fist. "I knew it would be hard when I come out to them, but I didn't think it'd be... like this."

The black haired boy placed his hand on Yanan's wrist. "Don't worry too much about it. Some people... are just like that. I'm not too sure why either, but all we can do is wait and give it some time." He gently tapped Yanan's wrist repeatedly. "And it's okay. It'll be okay. You're still... you." He placed his hand on Yanan's shoulder. "And trust me, you're amazing as you are now. Don't let other people tell you otherwise."

Yanan smiled and placed his hand on top of Minghao's. "Thanks."

"Should we go take pictures now?"

Here they were. Yanan was standing in front of a pine tree, posing himself like a model, and Minghao was there taking photos of him.

"Remind me why we're doing this again." Yanan said, placing his hands on his hair as a pose.

Minghao was concentrating on getting the angles right. "Because I still haven't had a proper photo of you and I need to hang one on my photo wall in my room." He put his camera down slighly to make a bit of eye contact with Yanan, but going back to the camera. "You should be honored. Not everyone gets to be on my photo wall."

Yanan chuckled. "Wow, thanks. I'm truly honored." He replied sarcastically.

"Can you lean back a bit more?"

"Like this?"

"A bit more."

"Like this?"

"Perfect."

They spent about an hour, walking around the park, taking pictures of each other (mostly pictures of Yanan because Minghao insisted on taking photos of him), enjoying the sunset as it made their pictures a lot more interesting. As the sun gets less brighter, the two sat down on the same bench they did earlier.

"The pictures came out great. I should take more photos of you. You look really good and your tall height really compliments it." Minghao said, browsing through the pictures on his camera.

"Really?" Yanan leaned near Minghao, looking at the photos on the camera. "Yours were great too though. They were cute and some looked really cool. Some of them gave off like an ethereal vibe."

Minghao chuckled. "That's 'cause I'm amazing."

Minghao kept browsing through the pictures he took, Yanan beside him, looking at them as well.

"This one's really good." Minghao pointed at the photo. "I didn't know you could look sexy like this."

Yanan leaned even more, his face was a few inches away from Minghao's. "I can be even more sexy if you want me to." He winked, placing his hand on the side of Minghao's face.

Minghao rolled his eyes and swatted Yanan's hand off. "You've been very funny these days."

Yanan let out a laugh. 

As soon as the laugh stopped, there was a seventeen-second silence between the two. 

"Minghao."

"Yeah?" The raven haired boy replied, still focusing on browsing through the photos on the camera.

"Do you wanna go out with me?"

Minghao paused, trying to process what he had just heard. "You mean like... do you want to go somewhere with me?"

"Like... can you be my boyfriend?"

END