三十七

"Actually, that's..." Soonyoung placed his hand on the back of his head. "...what I was gonna talk to you about last night."

"What? What do you mean?" Minghao furrowed his eyebrows.

"Jun asked me for your number yesterday." Soonyoung looked away.

"What? Why?" Minghao pressed a finger on his right temple lightly.

"I-I don't know either. He just kept asking me for it." Soonyoung looked down. "Sorry."

Minghao took a deep breath, closing his eyes. "Why didn't you just tell me about it last night?"

"You were drunk." Soonyoung reasoned out. "You might end up doing something regrattable if I told you. So, I thought it might have been best to tell you when you're not drunk."

"He's not wrong." Jihoon said, leaning forward.

"Jun told me that he had something to tell you." Soonyoung said. "I told him that he could just tell me and I'd pass it to you, but he kept telling me that he needs to see you in person."

Minghao exhaled, sitting back down.

"Sorry." Soonyoung went closer to Minghao.

Minghao looked at Soonyoung and smiled weakly. "It's okay. It's not like there was anything you could do about it. I know you're also worried about me." Minghao sighed, getting himself together. "There's nothing I can do, is there?"

"Not unless you want to keep avoiding him." Jihoon said. "But of course, you can't keep doing that forever."

Minghao nodded.

The three boys were at Minghao's place right now.

Minghao felt a lot of things going into his head right now. He was surprised, confused, scared, and so many more complex and unexplainable emotions.

What if Jun knows?

Why is he calling out to me now?

Why? Why now?

Why now when I just started to move on?

When I no longer think of you as often as I used to?

When I'm trying new things?

When I'm finally trying to move on?

No, I'm alright.

I'm doing fine.

I've been doing well without you.

"You sure you'll be okay?" Soonyoung asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." Minghao replied.

"I can stay here with you tonight if you don't want to be alone." Soonyoung said, worried about the boy.

"No, I'm alright. Why wouldn't I be? I've been doing fine." Minghao chuckled.

"But-"

"Soonyoung, just give him space." Jihoon interrupted. "Let's go. You're just bothering Minghao again." He said, pushing Soonyoung out the door.

"Wait-" Soonyoung struggled as Jihoon pushed him outside. "BYE MINGHAO!" He yelled as Jihoon succeeded in pushing him outside Minghao's unit.

Jihoon turned around to look at Minghao before they had completely left.

Minghao mouthed a small 'thank you' to Jihoon and smiled.

Jihoon nodded as he kept pushing Soonyoung in the hallway.