二十八

"Are you really sure about this?"

"Yes, I am."

"There's no going back."

"I know." Minghao closed his eyes. "Put it in."

Yanan gave one last look at Minghao's nervous face before doing it. 

"Don't worry. It'll be alright." Yanan whispered onto the boy's ear. "I'm sure you'll love it." He held a lock of Minghao's hair, making the raven haired boy slightly flinch.

Minghao took a deep breath, preparing his mind, heart, and body.

Yanan dipped the brush in a small container he was holding and brushed the section of hair he was holding on the other hand with bleach. "When you messaged me yesterday saying that you wanted to come over, I can't really say that I expected that this is what you wanted to do."

"Just tell me that I'm full of surprises." Minghao giggled.

Yanan sighed, which soon turned into a laugh.

"Thanks, Yan." Minghao said, opening his eyes.

Yanan smiled. "Spending time with you is more than enough for me."

Minghao chuckled. "I'll cook you up some food after."

"Thanks, Haoie."

Minghao raised an eyebrow. "Haoie?"

"You don't like it?" Yanan asked, worried the boy wouldn't consent to the nickname.

"It's... it feels weird."

"I won't call you that if you don't like it."

"No, no, it's... it's alright, I guess..." Minghao looked away.

Yanan smiled, looking at the boy through the mirror in front of them.

The two were at Yanan's apartment at ten in the morning. Minghao had asked Yanan for help with bleaching and dyeing his hair which Yanan agreed to. 

"Are you really sure that you want silver hair like mine?" Yanan asked, confirming one last time. "You won't regret it? We're gonna look like a couple that grew old together or something. I mean, I'd like that..." Yanan's cheeks burned a slight tint of red, imaging the sight of being together with Minghao until that long.

Minghao looked at Yanan through the mirror, raising an eyebrow.

Yanan cleared his throat. "Anyways, the point is that we're gonna look... similar. Like a couple... or something."

"Yanan, we're already a couple." Minghao tilted his head.

"I... yeah... I know... but..." Yanan turned around, hiding his face from Minghao.

"Don't get shy now. You were literally the one who said you'd seduce me." Minghao smirked.

Yanan quickly turned around. "I never said seduce! I said I'd make you fall for me!"

"What's the difference?"

"I-" Yanan sighed. "Stop... It's embarrassing..."

Minghao chuckled, figuring he should stop teasing the older boy if he wants to get his hair done by today.

Yanan continued brushing Minghao's hair, applying bleach. "You said you're going back to your home tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I am. I haven't visited mom in a while."

"Do you need help with packing or anything?"

"It's alright. I already did it last night."

About five hours later, they were finished. Well, not completely. Minghao's hair was a pale white shade right now. They haven't colored it yet.