三十九

Minghao turned around to where the voice was coming from and saw a man standing a few steps from him.

"It really is you, Minghao!" The man walked up to him, standing in front of him.

"Yanan?" Minghao stood up, surprised from the unexpected face. "What are you doing here?"

Yanan raised the shawarma he was holding in his hands. "I came to get shawarma."

"Shawarma?" Minghao raised an eyebrow. "All the way here in the park near the college?"

"Yeah, I'm actually taking my Master's degree there." Yanan replied, taking a bite on the shawarma. "Can I sit here?" He pointed to the spot in the bench beside Minghao.

Minghao sat back down and scooted over a bit. "Yeah, of course."

Yanan sat down, groaning a bit, as if he was an old man with arthritis. "What brings you all the way out here? Didn't you work at that big company?"

"Just because." Minghao shrugged. "Also, how did you know where I work?"

Yanan raised an eyebrow. "Uh... you're kinda famous?"

Minghao took a second to think. "Oh, right, right."

Yanan burst out into laughter. "Did you just forget that you were a celebrity choreographer?

Minghao scoffed. "I didn't know someone here was interested in the field of dancers."

Yanan chuckled. "I'm not. My boyfriend is. He's a fan of you by the way."

Minghao's eyes widened. "A fan of me?"

Yanan smiled. "Yeah, he looks cute when his eyes sparkle like crazy when he talks about his favorite celebrities."

Minghao chuckled. "Someone's head over heels."

Yanan smiled. "I know. The funny thing is that when we first met, he and I didn't really like each other and we bickered a lot. Somehow, we just ended up dating."

Minghao giggled. "Sounds like a classic haters-to-lovers romcom plot."

Yanan chuckled, taking another bite of the shawarma. "So, what's wrong?"

Minghao blinked twice. "Huh? What?"

Yanan sighed. "You're alone in a park, staring at the river with that expression in your face."

Minghao raised an eyebrow. "What expression?"

"That expression when you're trying to pretend like everything's fine." Yanan said. "I know that much about you. I'm your ex."

Minghao smiled, but turned into a frown. He kept silent for a few seconds, hesitating. "Jun's getting married to Yuna."

Yanan paused, definitely not expecting this scale of a worry.

Minghao looked at Yanan. "I know. I'm the pathetic loser who still likes him even though he's getting married."

Yanan put the shawarma down. "No, that's not what I-"

"Yeah, I know." Minghao smiled. "And I need someone to listen, not someone who pities me."

Yanan slightly furrowed his eyebrows. "You still like him."

Minghao laughed, as if Yanan's statement wasn't already obvious. "Sadly." He turned to Yanan. "And wanna know the worst part? He asked me to be the dude who brings the ring thing." He burst out in a satirical laughter.

"Yikes." Yanan blurted out. "Sorry, I mean- I didn't- I- I should stop talking." He covered his mouth with his hand.

Minghao chuckled. "Wow, your reaction's been the most unique one so far."