• • •

WARNING: READ THIS PART ONLY IF YOU HAVE FINISHED READING THE ENTIRETY OF THE BOOK

---------

I created this part for y'all to be able to understand everything that I tried to put in this story. I was worried that some people may not have been able to understand some of the things I have written in this book and my purpose for writing them.

If you wish to reread the book, it might be better to read this first before going ahead to reread it.

••••••••••

- Chapter 2: Minghao and Junhui were on their movie night watching "Love, Rosie". The story of the movie goes like this: The male and female were best friends and they kinda like each other, but eventually they didn't really get together due to certain reasons. The female attends the male's wedding in which he was gonna get married to another girl. Long story short, the male divorces with the girl and the male and female are were together in the end. However, since Minghao and Junhui did not finish the movie and only watched halfway, they only got to watch until the wedding scene. So, now Junhui is getting married, but this was the ending for them because this was until the part they watched in Love, Rosie.

- Chapter 12: Minghao was drinking Darjeeling tea. Darjeeling is also known as the champagne of teas. So, in a way it's like he just wants to get drunk and forget about everything, but he can't drink alcohol because he was in a coffee shop and he has work tomorrow.

- Chapter 12: There's a line where Minghao says "We both know that isn't exactly the best for you." (Minghao was talking about the caramel frappucino). And then Wonwoo rolled his eyes and laughed. This was supposed to be a sentence of irony. Wonwoo rolled his eyes because of a thought. 'If you knew that Jun wasn't the best for you, then, why do you still keep loving him?' So, Wonwoo found it ironic when Minghao was telling him what he thought was 'best', when Minghao, himself, doesn't even notice that he deserves better. Thus, the eye roll and the laugh.

- Chapter 14: There's a line where Yuna tells Minghao, "Oh, okay. Minghao is a pretty name though." And then Minghao responds with "Haha... thanks." And he scratches the back of his ear. I read something in psychology that sometimes when people are uncomfortable, do not like, or are not really into what they're hearing, they may unconciously touch near their ear. This was supposed to somehow show Minghao's indirect and unintentional hostility towards Yuna. Minghao considers his real Chinese name (Minghao) to be more personal rather than his Korean name (Myungho). So, in a way, it was like telling her, 'I don't want you to be close with me.' You might be thinking that it may be just him being shy after receiving a compliment, but he also wanted it to look like that. To make it look like he was shy rather than hostile.

- Chapter 14: I don't know if you noticed, but Yuna told Minghao, "Nice to meet you," two times, but in both times, Minghao never told her that it was nice to meet her too.

- Chapter 16: Minghao took a bottle of wine that he was drinking just a while ago. The bottle was half-empty. Then, he looked at the bottle and saw his reflection. This was supposed to express that he was just like the wine bottle. He was half-empty, as if a part of him was lost.

- Chapter 18: When Yanan and Minghao kissed, the kiss was soft, they pulled each other and the kiss became a bit more agressive, but as soon as that happened, they stopped the kiss. The way I worded the stopping of kiss was: "They broke up, catching their breath." This was supposed to hint at what their relationship together will be like. Soft at first, pulling each other closer, but as they get deeper, they break up.

- Chapter 19: When Minghao said, "If you have nothing else to say, please go out. I'm going to change." Notice how he didn't say that he was going to change clothes. This could be because he's unconsciously telling himself that he, himself, needs to change. That he should get over his feelings for Junhui. That he should stop hoping for something that won't happen.

- Chapter 20: In this chapter, it ends with Yanan asking Minghao to taste the frappuccino. The dialogue goes like this: "Wanna taste?", "I'm not really into that.", "You'll never know until you try it. Who knows? Maybe you'll end up liking it.", and this was supposed to be kind of like a foreshadowing, but in a figurative way. This was supposed to foreshadow how Yanan asks Minghao if he was okay with dating him and hin telling Minghao that it might end up with Minghao liking him. However, in the later chapters, it shows that Minghao never drank coffee after that.

- Chapter 21: There's a part where Minghao tells Junhui: "I'm not a kid. It won't end up like that anymore.", this was supposed to hint at Minghao's past where he got bullied which was revealed at Chapter 26. That may have been a reason as to why Junhui had been a bit protective on Minghao when it came to Yanan. At first, Junhui wasn't sure whether Yanan could be fully trusted or not.

- Chapter 27: There's a part when Junhui asks Minghao: "What do you like about him?" (pertaining to Yanan), and then one of Minghao's answers was "I don't feel alone with him". The meaning behind this wasn't in a romantic way. He meant that he doesn't feel as if he's the only one with problems when he's with him. He feels as if they're on a similar boat that they're both struggling in. But of course, Junhui didn't know what he meant my that. So, Junhui probably just thought that Minghao meant it in a romantic way.

- Chapter 34: There's a line here that says, "It's hard for them to be silent when they're all together like this." The statement was completely contradictory to when they came inside the waiting room at Junhui's wedding since they were all in silence whenever Minghao's name came up. This was meant to add weight to the silence that they were present in at the day of the wedding.

- Chapter 5, 37: The short flashback scene from Chapter 5 is connected to the entirety of Chapter 37.

- Chapter 41: There was a line that said: "Inside his mind was a talk, a reflection.", this meant that he was finally able to look back into himself wuthout getting consumed by his negative thoughts. It meant that he was one step closer to acceptance.

- Chapter 28, 42: At the end part in Chapter 28, they end up eating the brownie/cake that Seokmin had made because Jisoo and Seokmin had gotten into a bake-off. This was supposed to foreshadow the event of the surprise party at Chapter 42. In Chapter 42, Minghao had stayed at Jisoo and Seokmin's apartment where Minghao had baked a cake for Junhui with a tiny bit of help from Jisoo. There was a part in Chapter 42, where Seokmin and Jisoo had been goading each other on who can make a better tasting cake. That was the spark of the said bake-off.

- Chapter 28, 35, 44: Minghao changed his hair color. His hair was black, then became silver, then brown, and back to black. The changing of hair colors were supposed to symbolize something. For silver, it was supposed to symbolize that he wanted to like Yanan. Almost as if he was forcing himself to like Yanan even when he didn't actually like him that much in a romantic sense. It was also Yanan who had been the one who bleached and dyed his hair for him. It's as if to say that Minghao had needed help and he wanted someone to change him. For brown, it shows that Minghao changed his hair color some time after the reunion, which was also a time where Minghao hadn't seen Junhui for a while. The change in hair color was supposed to symbolize longing for Junhui since Junhui had the same hair color. For black, he dyed his hair by himself, which was supposed to show his resolution for genuinely wanting move forward by simply being himself, untrapped by anyone.

- Epilogue: Notice that Junhui had called Minghao as 'Minghao' and not 'Hao'. I wanted it to show that Junhui was more matured and that they both have changed since the past.

- Epilogue: Yuna calls Minghao as 'Minghao' instead of 'Myungho'. In Chapter 14, Minghao introduced himself to Yuna as 'Myungho' because he didn't like Yuna and the name 'Minghao' just felt more like a personal name to him than 'Myungho'. But in the epilogue, Yuna calls Minghao as 'Minghao' comfortably and Minghao is perfectly fine with it. They're even comfortable enough to 'share recipes' with each other and Minghao complimented Yuna. I just wanted to show that at this point, Minghao was fully able to move on and accept things as they were, and that he was already happy with his boyfriend, Mingyu.

••••••••••

If you have any questions regarding the story or any of the characters, please feel free to ask. I'll answer if there's anything you're confused or curious about.