Chapter 27

Blaise stepped in front of Alexis, his wand at the ready. The girl did the same, clutching her wand at her right hand. Her heartbeat quickened, she was quite frightened to think on what they would see once they step inside her room. Blaise though had a determined look plastered on his face. He crept slowly towards the door and peeked inside, his wand surveying where his eyes are roaming

He then looked back at Alexis and shook his head. He opened the door wider, and Alexis peeked inside as well. Nothing. Not a thing out of place, she noted. But, why would her door be opened, and the lock broken.

“I’m going to look around, you call the front desk and report this.” Blaise ordered.

Alexis then grabbed the telephone and called the front desk, telling them what just happened. A few minutes later, the hotel security went up to check her room. They offered her to stay in a different room as they try to investigate what happen.

“If you find out that something is missing Ms. Selwyn, you just let us know. We are deeply sorry that this happened to you, and we will do everything in our power to find out who did this.” The hotel manager said as he went to her room.

As the security continued searching, Blaise pulled Alexis to him and glared at her. 

“Why are your things packed?” he whispered questioningly. Blaise was trying to control his anger at the witch. He found her luggage at her room while he was searching for the culprit. She was running away just because of Draco? How long has these two been having feelings for each other? He thought to himself.

“Can we talk about this later?” Alexis hushed him.

“No, we can talk  about it right now.” Blaise said with a final tone. He  then turned towards the hotel manager and asked him what room will Alexis be switching to. The manager ushered them both out and led them to another room, much bigger than her original one but beautiful and elegant nonetheless.

“A compliment from us Ms. Selwyn, your next two nights will be free of charge. As I understand you’ll be checking out on Wednesday, right?” the manager asked her formally.

Alexis frowned, why couldn’t the manager just shut his mouth. She nodded at him, taking a chance to take a glimpse of Blaise who was now fuming mad at her. 

“Yes, that’s right” she muttered. With some more final complimentary things from the hotel, the manager left the two alone finally.

“YOU’RE LEAVING?!” Blaise exploded. She never saw him like this, with Draco she would have expected it, but from Blaise? What was his problem? She chose to ignore his question, knowing full well he heard what she said to the manager. She walked towards the bar, while removing the spell on her appearance, making her look like Hermione again, and pulled out a champagne from the cooler.

“What? Is this because of Draco? Because of your stupid little quarrel?” Blaise continued to bombard her with questions, following her to the bar, his feet stomping to the ground.

Hermione, still ignoring him, got two glasses and poured the drink in them. She then pushed one towards Zabini as she drank some of hers. She was deciding on whether she should just tell her about the letter or let him think it was all because of Draco, so she needed to stall some time, while she was making her decision.

“Stop fucking around Granger! Just go and get your shit of a relationship with Draco fixed!”

“What the bloody hell is your problem?! I do not have any relationship what so ever with Malfoy!”

“Then why are you leaving?”

“Why are you so interested?”

“Because I like you! You fucking know that!” Blaise pointed out, and exasperated sigh came out of his mouth as he tried to cool himself down. “You know that” he said more softly. “I’m doing everything I can to get rid of it because Dray..  Draco loves you Hermione. I don’t know how deep it is, but he does. He’s my friend, heck, he’s more like a brother. And I can’t stand seeing him like some kid who lost his precious toy, I can’t stand you being like this, like everything is disposable.”

“How dare you.” She spat. “You don’t know anything about me. What I’ve been through all my life, because of your kind!”

“My kind? Really?” Blaise shook his head, not believing what he just heard. “If we were on his side, we would have turned you in by now. Hermione, you’re not the only one who sacrificed a lot of things for the people you love. You’re not the only one who lost someone.”

Hermione gasped, his words hurt more that she could imagine. It’s like he just slapped her straight on to her cheeks. The same words. The same words she has been telling Ginny.  Hermione then fell down to her knees, as the tactless words she uttered just a few seconds ago hunt her down.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered, a lone tear falling down her cheek.

“Damn it.” Blaise cursed softly, kneeling down in front of Hermione. “It’s okay, hey.” He pulled her chin to make her look at him, but all he found was a blank stare. Blaise tried to shake her head, but still Hermione wouldn’t budge. Panicking, he left the room and ran. He was going to hunt down that man who has the power to pull this girl up right now. Where the hell was Draco.

Hermione just knelt there, all her life she has dedicated herself to stop the distinction between purebloods, halfbloods, and muggle-borns,and here she was putting that distinct line between her and Blaise. It’s not that she’sin love with Blaise, but,all the times they were together, he has found a way to make her laugh and smile, just like Harry and Ron did. Maybe that’s why she was so at ease with these boys, because she needed that hole to be filled. She needed someone to fill the void Harry and Ron left inside her heart. She would always love the two, but they’re gone. She wasn’t sure who was back at the headquarters and she didn’t want to get her hopes up. As far as she knew, she was all alone.

Blaise knew that he could try to make Hermione notice him, but that’s the sad thing , he could only try. He knew from the very start that something was up between Alexis and Draco, and when he found out Alexis was Hermione, a change in Draco began creeping in. He knew by then that he couldn’t and wouldn’t compete with that.

Going to an empty hall, Blaise apparated to where the three boys were staying and went quickly to Draco’s room. There he saw him packing his stuff with a frown on his face.

“Seriously? Even you?” Blaise asked incredulously. “Where are you going?”

Draco looked up at him, confused on what he just said. “What do you mean even me?”

“Hermione’s bags are packed as well. Wait... Did I seriously missed the fact that you two are eloping?!”

“WHAT?!”

“Who’s eloping with who?” Theo suddenly burst inside the room.

“Draco and Her-“ Draco, fortunately, covered Blaise’s mouth just in time before he could say Granger’s name. Blaise soon realized what he was just about to say and sighed thankfully that Draco was quick.

“I’m not eloping with anyone.”

“Then who’s ‘Her’?” Theo asked curiously, eyeing the two guys with a suspicious look. “Is it Alexis?” a grin forming at his lips.

Draco just shook his head, letting go of Zabini as he did.

“I’m packing because He summoned for me. You guys are here to continue searching for Granger’s parents.” He quickly said, his tone more formal than usual.

“Boring...” Nott muttered as he walked out of the room, completely nonchalant at everything that was going on.

Blaise then went to Draco and grabbed his shoulders to make him look at him.

“Hermione needs you. She’s in a new room, same floor 27th room.” He whispered, though the strength of urgency was there.

Draco frowned as the words registered to his brain. Why would Hermione need him at such a time, she’s mad at him, so why now? Though was she that mad that she had to switch rooms to throw him off in case he wanted to see her? A groan escaped his lips as he continued to over think things.

“Now. I can’t explain everything to you, Dray... I swear, you would want to be there. You need to be there for her.”

Without a second thought, Draco apparated in the same floor and tried to find the room. When he did, he found the door open and he quickly stepped inside and searched for the girl. He found her there at the bar, kneeling on the ground. Her face was blank, but tears were flowing down her eyes. What happened?