Chapter 31

Hi. If you have been waiting here since 2015, thank you. Truly my life has changed ever since, but to be back here and see that you guys are still reading this small fanfic of mine, I am humbled. Please allow me to update this story for you guys, and give you all the ending that you guys deserve. I don't know how many chapters it will take me, but I do plan on finishing this with all of your support in mind. Again, thank you for staying and supporting me, a little Dramione shipper. Without further ado, please continue reading for the latest chapter of "I Surrender".

-

Hermione snapped herself back to reality, she can no longer waste time on flimsy things such as a possible romance, especially not with someone who her family and friends view as an enemy. She went to Australia to find her parents, and she did. She went to Australia to hide for awhile since her true image was exposed again, now it's time for her to go back. Because someone is back, and she needed to find out who,and no one, not even Draco will hinder her from protecting him,whoever it was.

At midnight, she was already at the airport waiting for her boarding time. Her eyes wandered the busy crowd among her, is Draco among these people? Is he watching her from afar? She hoped not. Her hand grasp the necklace Luna sent her, she made sure to wear it before she left the hotel, she was thinking on how she was supposed to use it, she knew it cannot be a portkey, Professor McGonagall wouldn't risk such a thing. She touched it and it definitely feels like magic, like how her wand weighs perfectly on her hand, this necklace feels as though it was meant to be around her neck.

Thirty minutes before the plane departs, all passengers were already inside the airplane fastening their seat belts and watching as the flight attendants do their safety routines. Still no sign of Draco. Hermione shook her head, it was better of this way. She regretted not being able to properly say her farewells to Blaise and Theo, but she guessed that Draco might have told them about her leaving with some sorry excuse.

With the rush of things happening to her all day, she remembered suddenly that she did not alter her appearance when she went to see her parents, nor when she went to the airport, a gasp escaped her lips before she used her hand to discreetly cover her face. But why wasn't I stopped at the check in when they checked my passport? Confused, Hermione impatiently waited for the seat belt lights to go off, signaling they were safely flying up in the sky. She went to the toilet and was about to get her wand when she looked at herself in the mirror, she was disguised as Alexis already, but how?

The necklace!She grasped the thing around her neck and removed it from herself,she watched as her reflection in the mirror change from Alexis to Hermione in a few seconds. "Bloody Hell, this... this.. Professor McGonagall is a genius." she muttered excitedly to herself before placing the necklace back around her neck, transforming herself to Alexis again. She went back to her seat, still amazed at how magic can still surprise her at her age.

Hours passed, and soon she was fastening her seat belt again as they prepare for landing. Anxiety gripped her as she think of the danger she'll be in again as soon as she arrive, she needed to keep herself safe until she was home, until she finds out who's back that everybody wanted her to return as soon as possible. Ron...he was all she could think of, no one else would excite them like this, because Har- that was definitely not possible.

Apparating was out of the question, she knew the "new government" was tracking every apparating wizards. Even if her wand was now unlisted and protected by a charm, she would not risk even giving them a minuscule chance of catching her. She has to travel the muggle way until she reaches one of the portkeys hidden by their side. A shoe left in an alley, typical. She touched it, activating the portkey with the password prepared by Professor McGonagall. "Pinkpuff." Next thing she knew the winds were carrying her to their haven where she could see Mrs. Weasley waiting for her. As soon as she was on her feet again, she began running towards the older woman, a wide smile on her face as she was engulfed by the waiting arms of Molly.

"Oh my dear, you look thin. Didn't I tell you to eat?" Molly reprimanded her, but she answered it with a laugh before tightening her embrace around the woman.When they pulled apart, she asked the most important question in her mind at the moment. "Who's back?Tell me, who is here?" Her eyes searched for an answer trying her best not to burst inside the house and find out who it is.

"He is still sleeping, he needs constant rest, that's what Minerva said.He is not himself... we still don't know what happened-"

"But who is it?" cutting to the chase as she could not contain her anxiety any longer. It must be him...Surely, it was him.

"It's Ronald."