Chapter 18

"GRANGER!!"

Draco's voice was infinitely repeating inside Hermione's head. The way he called out to her, the longing in his eyes couldn't be hide. Wait. Longing? Hermione shook her head, Why would Draco long for her?

"GRANGER!!"

Hermione breathed fastly and deeply. She has been pacing around her room since she got back, the soles of her feet seems to be burning already but she can't stop. Days has passed already, she haven't got a good night of sleep, and she couldn't remember the last time she ate. How could she be so careless, so idiotic? And yet she was called the Brightest Witch of her Age. She should have change her appearance to Alexis after she had met the detective. She knows that Draco and the others were here, she should have been careful, she should have thought about the possibility of them seeing her. But no, she was too distracted about the informations she have gathered about her parents that the dangers of her life was simply tossed out of the window.

She flew out and left her family and friends to get away, hide, and be safe from Voldemort and his followers because she was seen by Blaise, and here she was million miles away yet she was just seen by Draco Malfoy a few days ago by all people.

"I should permanently change myself to Alexis to avoid this troubles, or better yet just use the killing curse to end all of this!" She proclaimed as she finally sat down at her couch.

It was 12 noon now, after five days of being zombie over Draco Malfoy, and Hermione was ready to eat a whole platter of pasta with a whole fried chicken on the side.

Before heading downstairs in the hotel's restaurant, she quickly grabbed her wand and transfigured herself to Alexis. She then searched for a worthy lunch outfit that could hide her stomach, because she was planning to eat like she has no more days left, and her stomach would most probably burst. She picked out a dark pink halter top with ruffles in front, and tucked it in a gold and brunswick green patterned skater skirt. She then grabbed her pale yellow cardigan and covered herself, pulling the sleeves up to her elbow to make it a 3/4 than a full length, and she just end it all of with a gold doll shoes and a black hand clutch.

Alexis then went downstairs and was about to walk to the restaurant when she saw Blaise looking at her worriedly and quite madly at the other side of the elevator like he was just about to go in and go up. She side stepped to her left to check if she was really the one he was eyeing, and to her obviousness, she was.

'Oh!oh! Now he is walking towards me' Alexis thought as the guy walked or rather stomped his feet towards her. She didn't know what to do, she doesn't even know why he is angry at her. So she tried walking out of the elevator to greet him like there is nothing wrong, but to no success because the glaring guy stopped her and pulled her back in the elevator, closing its doors and no longer letting any guests to join the ride up.

"Hi Blai-" she said quietly

"Don't hi Blaise me, Selwyn!" He spat.

"What's wrong with you?"

"With me?! What's wrong with you Alexis?! One day of disappearance was okay with me, two days I can still handle that. But five freaking days?! I thought you were dead."

"You thought I was dead?" Alexis giggled as they went out of the elevator and went straight to her room.

"Yes! I asked the manager if she has seen you, and she said no but she did see another female came out of your room a few days ago, so one thing led to another and my conclusion was someone killed you." He said seriously as he closed the door.

"Okay, okay, just calm down and sit. First and foremost, I'm not dead..." Alexis started, and was just given a 'DUH' look by the guy now sitting down her couch. She in return rolled her eyes. "Second, that girl was a... real estate agent, you know, for that resthouse I was looking for. Third, I've been gone for five days because I was searching for that house." She lied, well except the first one.