Chapter 17

The sun was just about to show itself when Hermione's alarm clock went ballistic, the witch groaned loudly. She stayed up so late with the three Slytherins and now she was so persuaded to just ignore the damn ringing, cover herself up with her blanket and welcome the land of dreams yet again. But the blasted thing was charmed by her to not stop ringing and get louder every minute she doesn't wake up. A sigh escaped her mouth as she pulled the covers away from her and swung her legs on to the side of her bed.

"I'm up.. I'm up!" She said, and the clock stopped its berserk shaking and resumed being an inanimate object.

Today, Hermione was going to meet a muggle detective called Rubens Patel. She has been in contact with the man since she obliviated her parents and sent them here to Australia, asking him where they are exactly or what have they been doing, do they have a job, but once the war began and ended very differently she has never phoned him since. But current circumstances gave her a chance to call the man and got him to meet up with her to give her details about her parents.

They agreed to meet in a little restaurant near Kosciuszko National Park. So Hermione showered and got dressed very casually, she didn't bother to change her appearance to Alexis so she put her wand inside her purse where she can immediately reach for it, 'better safe than sorry' she thought of. One last check in her current room, and she was out. She plans to get there with no delays, if she was going to be here and not sure how long she will be staying, at least she can make sure that her parents were still safe and hidden from the hands of the death eaters and Voldemort.

---------

"Good morning Mr. Patel"

"Good morning Ms. Granger, it is nice to finally meet you and not just hear your voice from a phone. How are you?" the friendly man greeted as he pulled a chair for the young lady.

"I'm quite fine. I was in the country so I thought it would be nice to meet you in person than call you for things again. Do you have the information that I requested?" Hermione smiled, she has found a great detective, a very trustworthy one. There are a few things she is currently bothered though, specifically the fact that he had already greeted her as Granger and that could cause some trouble if anyone heard it, but she can set that aside for now and deal with it later.

"Business mode already huh? A young lady like yourself should not be so serious everytime." He said, but nevertheless he started getting files out of his bag and laying them down the table.

"May I?" She asked, gesturing for the files. The guy simply nodded and watched her as she scan the papers.

The first thing she saw was a picture of her father working in somewhere that looks like his old clinic, from the pale blue color of the walls, to the big long brown couch in the waiting area, it was quite identical.

"He's still a dentist?" She eyed the detective.

"Yes, and also Mrs. Wilkins"

There was a flash of confusion in Hermione's face when she finally remembers that when she obliviated her parents, she also twisted their memories. She gave them the names Wendell and Monica Wilkins and their big dream was to move to Australia.

"You may take those with you Ms. Granger, I have back up files of those, so I don't mind. This particular folder right here..." he pointed to the purple plastic sliding folder. "Contains the current home address and office address of the Wilkins, it also includes their home number and office numbers, and anything that you can use should you try to contact them. This right here..." he then tapped the blue one. "Is the list of the names that has visited the house and the clinic, the names and numbers of the people that have been calling them, and the list of their close friends, and any person that has been in contact or greeted them, as you so forcefully requested. I have also compiled this unusual facts about them in this folder" he handed the clear one.