The Sweatshirt || P.P.

Pairing: Peter Parker x fem!reader

Warnings: Just a whole load of fluff

~

New York had its extremes, the heat of the summer that stuck to your skin, the warmth meaning that you can never get dry, stepping out of the shower and feeling like every pour on your body just starts crying again. The winter was a whole other beast, its own extreme of slush and ice, storm windows pulled shut to keep out the briskness of the air that bit into your skin the second you stepped out.

Today was one of the inbetweens, it was cold, the kind of cold that seeped through the exposed brick of your building, piercing through the cracked plaster of your room, chilling you to the bone, but it lacked the ice to be a deeply wintery day. Adorned in an old comfortable sweatshirt, thicker than any other you owned, encapsulating your body heat and keeping it close to you. You were cuddled up on your bed, a book resting on your knees as you awaited your boyfriend's arrival. It came sooner than you had expected, the door to your room swinging open and drawing your nose from your book to take in his disheveled appearance. His cheeks were a bright rosy pink, soft skin having been flushed profusely by the cold air.

"Petey!" you exclaimed, throwing your book aside and rocking forward on your knees as he walked towards you, opening his arms and drawing your head into his chest, you still being sat down you were the perfect height to nuzzle your face into his sternum, the thick denim of his Carhartt jacket rubbing harshly against your cheek, chilling your skin, but you didn't care, it smelled like him, it was him, and that is all that mattered in the moment.

"Hi baby" Peter hummed as he leaned forward, pushing you back onto your bed until your back met the warm, fleecy sheets of your bed. He landed on top of you, following your falling action and letting his head land on your chest, cuddling deeper into you when he realized his cheek was being warmed by an unfamiliar fabric.

"What's this?" he inquired, pulling his head away from your chest and tugging on one of the draw strings of your hoodie, one that he didn't recognize, one that wasn't his. It smelt strongly of you, not that he minded but he did prefer the way your scent mixed with his when you wore his clothes, the tangible essence of you together.

"It's a hoodie" you giggle as you sit up, letting Peter sit up next to you as he slid the heavy jacket off of his arms.

"Mhmm, I can see that." He affirmed, but there was something in his voice that you didn't quite recognize, disappointment? His face had changed from a look of joy to a more pinched smile, as if he was fighting back his infamous pout, his pout, it made you weak in the knees and susceptible to doing anything, the way his lips pursed out and his eyes went doey, it made you feel as though you would change the way the world spins just to see him smile. Reaching out, you ran your thumb between his eyebrows, attempting to smooth out the bunched skin from his knitted brows.

"What's the matter, baby?" you voice was soft and caring and it made Peter's stomach erupt into flurries of butterflies, masking the anxiety at his stupid disappointment of you not wearing his clothes.

"It's silly" he grumbled, letting his jacket fall to the floor and going back to resting his cheek on your chest, ducking his head so you couldn't meet his eyes. Your hands immediately found their way into his wind swept curls, carding through the brown locks as you stared down at the back of his head.

"Can't be that silly if it's making you all Pouty McPouterson" you chuckle, tugging his hair softly and pulling him from your chest.

"It's just that-" he stopped, looking down at his hands and twirling his fingers together anxiously "It's just I like it when you wear my sweatshirt" he mumbled underneath his breath, so quiet you nearly don't hear it, but you do, the soft boyish complaint of you wearing your own clothes. You couldn't help the giggle that left your lips, it was nearly impossible not to giggle when with Peter, he just made you want to, there was something about him. Reaching out you cup his cheek, drawing his head up from its bowed position and making his soft brown eyes meet yours.

"Peter, I love wearing your clothes, it's just that this sweatshirt is thicker than any of yours and it keeps me warmer" you explain, thumbing over the apple of his cheek, he was soft, everything about him was soft, and it felt like you would never get enough of the way he felt under your hand.

"Well, um, hmmm" he paused, thinking of a solution that would result in you wearing his sweater. "Here I have an idea" he popped up from where he sat, letting your hand fall to the bed as you watched his speedy movements, hands opening one of your drawers and pulling out and old soft shirt of his that he had left at yours in the beginning of your relationship, starting the shirts journey of being worn until it no longer smelled like the other person and then being washed and returned, it was currently doing a stint at yours. After he was done digging through your drawer he moved to your closet, grabbing his midtown high sweatshirt before turning to you and tossing them next to you on the bed. "Layers" he speaks proudly as he returns to his spot next to you.

"You are really dead set on me wearing your clothes, aren't you?" you chuckled, pulling your current hoodie over your head and removing your tank top along with it. Peter's eyes stared at your chest unabashedly, a blush on his cheeks as he reached out to lay a palm to your chest but you swat his hand away, and pull on his shirt, covering your bare skin.

"What can I say, I just like how it looks" he hums, as you pull the hoodie over his shirt, fingers curled into the cuffs so they wouldn't bunch up.

"I can tell" you say once you pull the fleece down from over your eyes, catching the way he picks up your hoodie and throws it haphazardly into the other corner of your room, dejectedly. His actions make you laugh wholeheartedly, without a care in the world as Peter pushes you back down onto the bed, returning his head to your chest. Cuddling deeper into the now familiar fleece, inhaling deeply, the intermingled scents of you both.

"I love you" he hums softly, letting his eyes fall shut as you reach out for your book.

I would like to say a special thank you to one of my dear friends for helping me write these <3