Four in the morning || P.P.

Pairing: Peter Parker x fem!reader

Warnings: mentions of sex, fluff, swearing

~

"y/n?" you swatted away peter's hand, grumbling incoherent profanities in your half asleep state. you pulled the blanket further up your body, curling into yourself as you felt him shift beside you, shuffling closer.

"baby?" he drawled, his words a hushed whisper in the dark, desperation lingering on his words. "wake up," he poked your cheek, again. he nuzzled his face in the back of your neck to gain your attention when you didn't respond, his warm breath hitting your skin.

"what the fuck do you want?" you asked, pushing yourself on the bed. you pushed the stray hair out of your face, squinting at him in the dark. the stream of moonlight poured in through the slits between the curtains, barely illuminating his face in the dimly lit room.

"I can't sleep," he pouted, his words hung in the air, waiting for a reply but he was met with silence. you fell back on the bed with a defeated sigh.

"you woke me up because you couldn't sleep?" you grumbled, kicking your blankets off you. he hummed, your eyes fluttering close when reached out for you. his fingers curled around the hem of your shirt, tugging at it to pull you closer.

"mhmm," he pushed the hem of your shirt up, pressing soft kisses on your belly button and you huffed, tangling your fingers through his curls to push his head away from you.

"peter, I have class in the morning - " you paused, your grip loosened in his curls, your fingers trailed down his face to pat his cheek, " - you have classes too, go to sleep, baby."

"but, I can't sleep," he whined, pushing himself up to rest his head on your chest. he tangled his legs with yours, his hands holding you to him and you sighed, rubbing soothing circles on his back.

"you shouldn't have taken a nap in the afternoon, i tried to wake you up..." you mumbled sleepily, kissing his forehead as your hand fell limp on his shoulder. your eyes fluttered close when he didn't reply.

"y/n, don't fall asleep on me," he yanked you to him after a few beats of silence and you huffed, letting out a defeated sigh. you draped your arm over your forehead, sucking in a breath as your gaze drifted down to him.

You frowned, "please, go to sleep, peter." you brushed his curls out of his eyes, caressing his soft skin, "I'm really tired."

"I'm not," he whispered, curling his fingers around your wrist, pinning your arm to bed that previously rested on your forehead. he pushed himself up, dragging himself over. he pressed hot kisses up your throat, his hold tightening on your wrist, "tire me out, baby."

"it's four in the fucking morning," you pushed him off, pulling the blankets from the end of the bed over you. you rolled over, leaving him gasping for air. he watched you, wide eyed as you snuggled up in the warm blankets, your eyes shut as you let sleep takeover you.

"y/n," he nudged your shoulder hesitantly. he didn't want to bother you, but honestly, he had nothing better to do.

"no," you grumbled, inhaling sharply as he retracted his hand. his hand fell limp in his lap, frowning at his hands as he watched you sleep, with your back turned to him.

"sorry," he said, he wasn't sure if you were still awake but he wanted to get it out, he'd apologize again when you'd wake up, maybe if he made pancakes for breakfast you'd forgive him. "i just wanted to sleep too."

You turned over, guilt weighing down on your heart when your gaze landed on him. he peered down at you looking like a kicked puppy. you rolled your eyes, pulling your blankets to yourself.

"c'mere." you patted the space beside you, his eyes grew wide, a brink breaking out on his face as he crawled over to you.

"sex?" he asked, his eyes twinkling with hope. his legs were on either side of your waist, his hand digging into the mattress beside your chest.

"no," you crushed that hope with a simple word, but he didn't seem too affected. you motioned for him to lie down beside you, "sleep."

Wordlessly, he climbed in your arms. he yawned as he laid down on the mattress beside you, head resting on your arm, his back turned to you. you twisted your arms around him, pulling him closer to you.

"good night, peter," you couldn't help but smile. you loved spooning him, holding him close to you with your arms around him. you felt needed, and you loved how he always seemed to trust you enough to let his guard down around you.

He was the one protecting the entire world when the world should've been protecting him. but it failed to do its job, so you'd take care of him instead. you'd protect him.

"y/n?" he whispered, you kissed the nape of his neck in response, heart full with love. "you know, if you agreed to have sex, I would've been asleep long - "

"go to fucking sleep, parker."