Before the rain stops || P.P.

Pairing: Peter Parker x fem!reader

Warnings: Kissing, Fluff, fluff, fluff

~

You shuffled under your sheets at the sound of thunder rumbling outside your window, the patter of rain gradually grounding into your senses as you felt the slightly cooled air hit your face. shifting your position on the bed, your hand reached out to deliberately ease the itchiness that persisted on the back of your scalp.

you opened your eyes slowly and looked around the darkened room, the heavy, gray clouds weighted down by the tiny yet mighty droplets, making themselves nearer to the earth's surface. trying to get yourself to sleep again was an effort in vain as you had already sat up on the bed.

there was no vivid sign of moonlight reflecting from the walls of your room, once again to be blamed on the clouds.

you picked up your phone from the bedside table, checking through the notifications to find an uncharacteristic number of messages from your boyfriend. you worried if it was something important and your subconscious decided to ignore it.

it might have seemed like an odd time to a normal couple, but for you and peter, no time was irregular. he was spider-man after all and you would be dead worried if there was no sign of his well being. at times just a text message would work but the other times, you just had to be assured that he was still here, still with you. and you felt assured about that by placing a kiss to his forehead or when his face pressed into the crook of your neck or a gentle caress of his cheek when you'd call him late at night.

it was true, peter loved you. he would probably swim every ocean if it meant he could be with you.

a sudden knock at your window made you flinch and you dropped the phone clutched in your hand, the message you had meant to send to peter left half-typed. before you could contemplate if you'd actually heard a knock or it was just Thor painting the sky in loud strokes of light, your phone screen flashed a name. peter's name.

the sound of rain pouring outside your window intertwined with the background as you picked up your phone, answering it quickly, "pete? are you okay? i saw the messages-"

"Y/N, open your window."

his voice sounded quiet, exhausted, yet you could make out every word he said clearly.

"wait, you're outside my window?" your legs swung over the bed, having a mind of their own and getting you off the bed carefully.

"quickly, before the rain stops" he whispered.

"on my way, babe." you chuckled quietly, opening the lock, sliding the window up for him to climb in.

peter wasted no time in crawling inside your darkened room, flinging the bag from over his shoulder to the floor carelessly, "hey." he mumbled, practically sinking into your frame, arms wrapped around your waist already.

your fingers instinctively digging into his soft curly mess of a hair, "tired?"

peter answered your question by nodding his head, his breath fanning onto the skin over your collarbone, "too loud outside, can't sleep." he replied shortly.

picking you up in his arms, peter started on his short path for your bed. the position was slightly awkward, you weren't completely over his shoulder exactly but you weren't high enough to wrap your legs around his waist.

before you could complain anyway, you were placed onto the bed carefully as peter climbed to the other side of the bed, letting you lay on the left side of the bed.

you smiled softly at the gesture, letting peter pull you on the mattress until your back was against his chest and his face pressed into your neck.

you laid there, basking in the presence of your boyfriend and the sound of rain drops hitting literally everything outside, "hey, peter?" you asked realising you never got the chance to read the texts from the brown eyed boy, breaking the moment of silence. his soft hum marked that he was still awake, "what was with all the messages?"

he chuckled softly, "oh, those? nothing important" shrugging one shoulder, he pulled the blanket around you both tighter as he felt the muscles of your abdomen slightly shake under his touch.

you turned to your right until the sweet boy was in your sight completely, a slight tease in your tone, "hey, come on, tell me!" he just shook his head, making a pout cover your face, which he quickly kissed away, "I thought we didn't have any secrets, you and me?"

he laughed finally, knowing pretty well that he wasn't gonna win this argument, "okay, they were... just regular texts about how much I love you."

you couldn't help the smile that broke through, lighting up your whole face, "tell me about them!" peter brought his hand up to your face, stroking your cheek with his thumb.

"I figured you'd be sleeping when I came here, it was pretty late and I didn't wanna wake you up because you looked beautiful, and I'm saying that in a totally in a non-creepy way." he rambled, making you laugh and nod your head in assurance before letting him continue, "so I thought it would be a nice surprise for when you woke up, I sent a few too many." he chuckled sheepishly, "but then it started raining and you seemed to have woken up and I had to knock, because spending time with you while it's raining outside sounds-"

"very romantic?" you offered, cutting his sentence short. he nodded before adding,

"and relaxing."

"I love you." you smiled softly at your boyfriend, which he reciprocated, unknowingly filling up your belly with thousands of butterflies. peter definitely loved having you wrapped around his finger.

"I love you too." placing a few sloppy pecks on your slightly chapped lips with his soft ones, peter rested his forehead close to your forehead. a light-hearted yet tired giggle left past his lips, "glad to have cleared that up before the rain stops."