Match-maker || P.P.

Pairing: Peter Parker x avenger!reader

Warnings: fluff, peter is dumb but we love him
~

"oh, uh, do you wanna..." peter reached for the remote, a blush coating his cheeks as the characters in the movie kissed in the rain, holding onto each other. it was an innocent scene but he felt awkward watching it with you, the girl he has been in love with for months, sitting beside him.

"it's fine, pete. it's just a kiss." your soft fingers wrapped around his wrist, his eyes widening as he looked down at his wrist. "unless, you feel uncomfortable - "

"no." he felt stupid now. he retracted his hand, leaning back on the couch and hoping to blend into it so he can disappear. "no, um, it's fine."

silence fell between the two of you as the movie played on the screen. he couldn't help but steal glances at you. your eyes were glued to the screen and maybe, he was imagining things but you were definitely leaning close to him.

your hand shifted against his, your pinkie finger touching his for a moment. it was enough for peter to freeze briefly, his breath caught in his throat.

he glanced at you, biting his lip when he found you already looking at him. You were sitting so close. so close.

if he shifted towards you just a bit, he could be touching your shoulder. and god, the things he would do to just touch your shoulder. even that would be enough to make him stay up all night long, playing this scenario in his head on repeat.

"peter?" you whispered, your head leaning close to him as he jerked his head in your direction, his rosy cheeks warming up at the closeness.

"uh, yeah?" he hesitantly looked at you, a shy smile on his lips.

"you know when we were watching that kissing scene..." you trailed off, holding his gaze as peter nearly choked on his saliva. "I was thinking..."

"you were thinking...?"

"I was thinking of you—"

"what are we watching, huh?" tony scurried into the room, his hands full with a bowl of popcorn and chips. "please tell me we're not watching star wars."

you jerked away from him, fixing your hair as peter craned his neck to shoot tony a glare. "what's wrong with star wars?"

"I have watched that too many times." tony rolled his eyes, settling on the couch right in between the two of you as peter let out an annoyed huff, sulking in the corner.

"I think star wars is really nice." you piped in, earning an amused look from tony as peter perked up.

You leaned back, smiling softly at peter, biting back a laugh as he blushed, a smile spreading on his lips.

"you know." tony started, pointing at the screen where the two characters were sharing an innocent kiss on the couch. "they remind me of you two. you both should date."

peter smiled widely, a blush coating his cheeks. Tony's words felt like an approval that he didn't know he wanted. sure, it was not really important but he was glad that tony supported you both together.

"what? ew, that's gross." you waved your hand dismissively, wrinkling your nose as tony chuckled, mumbling something about stupid teenagers.

Peter frowned as he glanced at you, hurt evident on his face. his brows pinched together in confusion as you held his gaze, leaning back on the couch.

you giggled to yourself, giving him a flying kiss. peter blushed but pretended to catch your kiss anyway, realisation hitting him.

you didn't want tony to know about the two of you, he wasn't sure if there was a 'two of you' but you were definitely flirting with him. he was sure of that.

"what are you all smiley about?" tony asked and peter hesitated, looking up at him.

"um, nothing." he said, his voice raising. "just thinking about dating y/n." He locked eyes with you. "Ew, that's g-gross."

Without thinking, peter kissed his hand, blowing you a kiss just like you did. you rolled your eyes, your palm meeting your forehead as you leaned back on the couch, a laugh escaping your lips.

Peter frowned at your reaction before he realised that he did that right in front of tony.

"you're not that smooth kid." tony chuckled to himself, standing up. "at least she did that behind my back, you need to work on your flirting skills."

you giggled, looking back at peter as your hand reached out for him, interlocking your fingers together before peter melted into a puddle of embarrassment. "it's okay, i liked your kiss anyway."

tony shrugged nonchalantly, a proud smile on his face. "now that my work here is done, i will - "

"you didn't do shit." you replied flatly.

"—be in the lab, if you need me." he continued, ignoring your words. "I am expecting you to name your first born after me, kid."