Apple pie || P.P.

Pairing: Peter Parker x fem!reader

Warnings: fluff

~

You groggily shift awake and reach out for Peter who you thought would be by your side. You felt nothing and a small frown dawns upon your face. "Pete?" you yawn and sit up, looking around his room.

You tiredly wipe your eyes and blink repeatedly, trying to adjust to the sudden bright light from the sun peeking through his blinds. You smack your hand over your eyes for a second before push off the sheets, glancing around his room once again. You smile at some pictures scattered along his wall, "Babe?" you call out again.

"Kitchen!" he replies, his voice faint from the other side of the door.

You felt a bit of relief and pick yourself up, standing up. You stretch and begin to wake up, a sudden unfamiliar scent hitting your nose. Your eyebrows raise in amusement.

Apples?

"Peter?" you shuffle over to his door, opening it and lean on the frame. The apple scent strengthens and rushes your senses, causing your lips to curl up into a wide grin.

"Hi," he sheepishly turns around with over-sized mittens on his hands.

"Hi?" you tilt your head to the side and make your way over to him. "Whatcha doin' there bub?" you ask leaning over the counter, though you could clearly tell what he's doing.

"I-It's October. So I thought I should do something, Octobery. Y-You know?" he laughs awkwardly. You don't reply and smile innocently, wanting to hear more of a response from him.

He mentally groans and raises his mittened hands, "L-Like, make some pie. Like Aunt May has made for me. Her awesome cherry pie, remember? The one she makes for my birthday. I wanted to do cherry but we didn't have some. But also, cherries aren't Octobery enough. But we don't have pumpkin. I also didn't want to leave you here alone just to go to the store so I used what we have and I really wanted to bake before you woke up but you woke up so I just-" he rambles and waves his hands all over the place to express himself.

"Baked apple pie," you finish his running sentence, chuckling.

"Y-Yep, exactly," he points at you and wipes his wrist across his forehead. "T-That, thing."

"How is it going?" you walk over and wrap your arms around his neck, glancing over at the oven.

"Just popped it in, so hopefully it doesn't miserably fail like the preparation," he stifles a laugh and slips off his mittens. He places his hands on your waist and smiles softly at you noticing your gaze, "W-What?"

"How did I get so lucky?" you murmur underneath your breath and nuzzle your nose against his.

His breath hitches as his heightened hearing easily picks up your gentle words. His cheeks turn red at your unexpected comment, "I'm s-supposed to ask that."

"Nah," you giggle and peck his lips. "My little baker," you coo, cupping his face and tilt his head towards you.

"Little?" he huffs and puckers his lips.

"Well, little meaning my baby," you shrug and give him another short kiss.

"Shut up," he grumbles playfully and pulls you close, pressing his lips against yours.

You smile into the kiss and close your eyes, enjoying the moment. He soon pulls away and places his forehead against yours, "Octobery."

"H-Huh?" Peter stammers and stares into your eyes with a hint of confusion.

"You said Octobery, dork," you poke his nose and sway back and forth with him.

"Yeah yeah," he spins you around and pulls you close, leaning you down. "Your dork."

"Yep," you hum in satisfaction. "You should play some Octobery music," you wiggle your eyebrows at him as he glances down at you.

"You're never letting t-that go. Are you?" he breathes out, his eyes scanning every single inch of your face out of adoration.

"Never," you scrunch your nose.

He rolls his eyes and stands you up, walking beside you to grab his phone. He begins to play some music that makes you both look at each other with a knowing expression.

You both goofily dance towards each other and burst out in laughter. "W-What was that!" he cries and holds your hand, spinning you into his arms.

"Says, Mr. Chicken Wings over here," you repeat his dance and giggle loudly.

"Stop!" he whines and pulls you close again, swaying you to the beat.

"Okay, jeez. Relax," you thread your fingers through his hair and smile as he places his forehead against yours. "Octobery," you whisper.

He rolls his eyes and squeezes your sides, causing you to jolt. "I hate you."

"I love you too baby," you smirk and peck his nose.

The two of you get lost in the music and dance around the kitchen to the spooky jazz music. Soon, the tempo slows down and you both hold onto each other, enjoying each other's embrace.

You and Peter felt at peace until unexpectedly an unsettling smell reaches both your noses. The two of you open your eyes, looking at each other as the burnt odour worsens and smoke appears throughout the kitchen.

"Shit."