Always || P.P.

Pairing: Peter Parker x fem!reader

Warnings: suggestive joke

~

As fate would have it, you've been best friends with peter parker for almost your entire life. he came to your rescue when you got stuck on the slide during your first day of kindergarten, and that's when everything fell into place. you two took turns hosting play dates and grew a bond that could never break.

It's withstood all the obstacles that are thrown your ways, even peter's top secret identity that you weren't supposed to find out about. peter once left the spidey suit in a pile of dirty laundry by accident, and you saw it. he actually made you spit shake on you keeping his double life to yourself. that was gross, but you did it for him.

You'd do anything for him. he'd do the same, honestly more, for you. you love each other unconditionally. not only as friends, as much more than either of you have the guts to admit. there's a decade of history between you to prove it.

so, while you and peter sit shoulder to shoulder on your couch watching freaky friday, you each mentally pray the other will make a move.

"if you could switch bodies with anyone for a day, who would it be?" peter wonders, a smirk pulling at his lips. "wow, how thought provoking. i wonder how you came up with that," you sarcastically comment. he rolls his eyes, still smiling nevertheless. "just answer the question."

You look from the tv to peter and return his smile. "um, I dunno... you." not pleased, peter scrunches his nose up. "me? why me?" your response is a shrug.

he shifts his legs around on the cushion, body now turned so it's facing you.

"that's so boring. you already know everything there is to know about me, y/n/n," peter reprimands, poking your side lightly. "pick somebody else." you elbow his arm with a scowl. "no, I pick you. I'll always pick you."

Peter's heart starts to beat a bit faster upon hearing you say that. he feels his cheeks getting hot, so he turns back towards the tv before you notice. you observe the shift in energy and quickly change the topic.

"there's a whole bunch of cool shit you can do. like, i wanna be able to climb walls," you propose and grab the bowl of popcorn on your coffee table. peter steals a handful, tossing it up and catching it in his mouth. "it's not as fun as it looks, being Spider-Man. you couldn't last a day."

your eyes narrowed, you throw a piece of popcorn at peter's chest. "is that a challenge, spidey?" he flicks the popcorn off his t-shirt and back in the bowl. "nuh uh. after seeing the things I have, I don't want you anywhere near the superhero life."

His arm slings around your back and draws you into his side. that counts as a move, you choose to believe. you lay your head on his shoulder, biting down on your lip to suppress a grin. peter rests his cheek against the top of your head.

The two of you refocus your attention to the movie, all warm and cuddly.

At some point between mean girls and jennifer's body, you both pass out. you woke up first, the end credits rolling and peter fast asleep on you.

You've switched positions so peter is laying on your shoulder with his face nuzzled into the side of your neck. his curls tickle your cheek, soft breaths leaving his lips which are dangerously close to your skin.

He seems so peaceful, you're tempted to let him stay like this. however, you'd rather not spend the night on the couch when your perfectly good bed is mere feet away.

"pete," you whisper, to which you receive a light snore as a response. dork. grabbing the remote, you hit pause on the movie. "peter," you try again and louder. he stirs a bit this time, yet remains mostly unfazed.