Peach lip balm || P.P.

Pairing: Peter Parker x fem!reader

Warnings: mentions of making out, choking (not in the way you think :)

~

Usually, the sight of your best friend greeting you with a mischievous wiggle of their eyebrows would bring one's self a sense of excitement. The promise of an incoming conversation sharing non-sense with the people closest to you. Peter felt the opposite when he saw Ned from across the cafeteria.

He knows that the wiggle in his best friend's eyebrows meant that Ned wasn't there to laugh with him, but to laugh at him. To congratulate and tease him for obviously leaving the class early to have a secret rendezvous with you.

But despite the dread whirring in his gut, Peter knew that not a single negative feeling in the world could topple how elated he felt. It is a normal reaction to having just made out with his girlfriend.

The thought of your soft, delicate hands clinging onto him ran a shiver down his spine. So did the taste of you that lingered on his now glossy lips.

You were still in the empty handicapped bathroom stall, trying to smooth out your wrinkled blouse and skirt. You let Peter go to lunch first because even though you weren't opposed to walking in together, you're still Y/N Stark and it would be controversial for you to go out in public with smudged lipstick.

After making sure you looked presentable, you took a second to slump your back against the wall and take a moment to live in post make-out bliss. You were pretty sure your hair was messed up to the point that any hairstyle wouldn't be able to salvage the frizz, but it didn't bother you knowing that your boyfriend had a perfectly good reason to run his hands through them.

You closed your eyes and the memory of Peter's hands on your waist, thighs, and well.. everywhere burned your eyelids. You opened your eyes once more, knowing that if you continue to recall his warm breaths over your throat or the groans Peter let out as you kissed on the sweet spot just right below his ear—

Save it for later or else you'll be knee-deep in trouble.

Betty and MJ spotted you immediately in the hallway outside the bathroom. You only hoped they wouldn't notice your flustered appearance.

"You're glowing," Betty pointed out with a genuine smile.

"Post-coital haze," MJ said with a single shrug of her shoulders.

"MJ!"

Peter and Ned saw the three of you as soon as you entered the cafeteria. They were currently sitting at a table near the back but that didn't stop them from waving their hands around as an invitation for you to join them.

"Like puppies," You whispered under your breath, causing Betty to giggle and agree with you.

Peter didn't waste a second. As soon as you arrived, he tugged at your wrist to pull you to sit down next to him. He usually saved his clinginess for private moments, but the series of mind-blowing kisses you two had just shared repeated in his head like a catchy song. You currently applying the familiar coloured lip balm did not help his case.

"Wanna get some food?" You asked. You chuckled as Peter nuzzled his face in the crook of your neck, his soft brown hair tickling you.

"No, wanna stay here," He mumbled, words almost incoherent as he pressed a kiss, softer compared to the heated ones from earlier. "You can ask for some of Betty's."

Betty had been doing this thing of bringing her own food to school in order to save money and so that she gets the liberty to choose healthier options. You didn't blame her, for a science school with research to back up how bad junk food is to the body, it still continued to serve it.

"I'm not doing that, she loves her fruits." You said, gently pushing Peter away so that you could stand up.

"Well, more for me then," MJ piped in. You turned to see her already holding a fork in her hand.

"Have you been eavesdropping all this time?" Peter asked.

"You say that as if you aren't sitting in front of me," MJ retorted, reaching for a fruit on Betty's tupperware. Peter eyed her movements carefully, "Oh, grow up, Spidey. These are good and I don't get why you hate them so much."

You stifled a laugh as MJ brought the fruit to her mouth, obviously taunting Peter's hatred and tendency to gag at the taste and scent of peaches.

Peter confided in you before, telling that despite its slimy texture, he managed to choke on one as a child, thus leading to his lifelong protest against the existence of the fruit. He also had an affinity to slightly gag at the sight of it too, which led you to request to your Dad to remove peaches from the Avengers compound grocery list. Sam wasn't too happy about that.

And even though Peter should've focused on what MJ called him, the need to prove himself got the better of him.

"Actually, I have actually acquired quite a taste for peaches," Peter said matter-of-factly, starting to stand up next to you.

You looked at your boyfriend in surprise. He never mentioned anything of the sort and you were sure he would say something about overcoming this thing in his life. Was it momentous news that would change the course of reality? Well, with your dramatic boyfriend it probably could, but that's beside the point. Everyone else also looked just as confused as you.

"How'd that happen?" Ned asked, a bewildered expression on his face.

For all the years he'd known Peter, the hate towards the certain fruit was just a thing in their friendship. Their bond was too strong, to the point with Ned also developing a habit to refuse anything peach-related. And with how close-knit your friend group is, everyone was aware of this fact.

"Y/N happened."

Was all you heard before you were engulfed into a kiss, nothing filling your senses but Peter, Peter, Peter. You sighed in between kisses, and even mustered the courage to bring your hands to his soft chocolate hair to pull him closer.

It didn't matter if you were locking lips in the middle of a crowded space, especially not with the love of your life softly trailing his tongue over your bottom lip; the weight of your peach flavoured lip balm sitting forgotten in your pocket.