Unspoken Feelings || P.P.

Pairing: Peter Parker x fem!reader

Warnings: Kissing, Fluffy fluff

~

Peter Parker and you. You and Peter Parker. For the longest time, that's how it's always been. How you've always remembered it to be. The pair of you had remained inseparable to this day, having met when you were kids. Your parents moved to New York because of work, and the place they decided to call home, just so happened to be the same residence that contained Peter Parker's family.

You remember it oh-so-fondly like it just occurred yesterday. Your dad was busy unpacking boxes, and your mum was checking things off their list, making sure everything was in order in a timely fashion before they started their new jobs and you started school. With you mindlessly playing with your favourite toy in the background of it all. Before your peace was interrupted by the doorbell ringing and you stood up, having dropped your toy. Curiously following in your mother's footsteps, hiding behind her tall frame as she opened the door, revealing one May Parker holding a baked pie and a shy Peter Parker, following suit, mirroring your actions behind his aunt. That was the day your parents hit it off with the Parkers, and you wouldn't have had it any other way.

You went from having met him that day during summer to going to school together. For him, it was another day at school, returning from the summer holidays, and as for you, that was your first day of school.

Fast forward to your high school days, you developed a crush on the boy next door, and unbeknownst to you, the boy next door had a crush on you. But neither of you knew it, both being ignorantly oblivious, whilst it was so apparent to your peers and your friends around you. Yet you elected to ignore it, as the pair of you were best friends – you wouldn't cross that boundary, you just wouldn't. It was a high school infatuation, and you were immeasurably confident it would go away, eventually, at least – that's what you continued telling yourself. Speaking of having crossed boundaries, though. During your high school years, you unintentionally discovered Peter's hidden identity, that he was responsible for the masked vigilante loved by New Yorkers and you alike. In typical New York fashion, it was just another day that a deluded super villain decided they were what was needed. Peter ended up suffering a few bruises as a result. Rather than going to a hospital, he found himself on your fireplace, seeking your aid to help him patch up – not without you having called him an idiot as a result of worry and panic.

Having finished high school, here you were, on the rooftop of yours and Peter's building, on this chilly December evening. A midnight blue residing in the sky that night, whilst the streets and buildings of New York were bustling with parties, and festivities alike, in celebration of it being New Year's Eve. You two being on the rooftop of your building was an ongoing tradition from your high school years, ever since you found out about Spiderman. You looked down at your phone, seeing it was two minutes to midnight, and that's when Peter joined you on your observation, sitting beside you as he'd just finished patrol and arrived in the nick of time.

'Y/N?' he asked, looking out to the distance in front of him, with his mask very much still intact, and you turned your head, giving him your full attention as he seemed to have something to say. 'I just... I know we're here to watch the displays and everything as we always do, but I have something to say. I have for a while, actually.' He uttered, scratching the back of his neck out of habit. A habit you picked up on, knowing all too well, that was his indication for his nerves skyrocketing. 'What is it, Pete?' you asked, placing a hand on his in hopes of calming him down when it had the completely opposite effect. 'Um, I just-' he started off, before people began to countdown from one minute, to mark the end of the night, and the beginning of a new year – a new chapter. You waited patiently, although, deep down, his hesitation was beginning to worry you.

'I like you. I always have,' he finally spat out, waiting for your reaction, his eyes dilating as he waited for you to react – for your response – just something to put him out of his misery as he crossed the boundary, he swore he never would. 'I like you as Spiderman, but I like Peter Parker more.' You finally confessed before reaching your hand out to remove his mask. One. That was all you heard before fireworks went off around you, and you uttered what was music to his ears, "Now shut up and kiss me, already." You mused before he gladly complied, leaning in to kiss you.