Longing || P.P.

Pairing: Peter Parker x fem!reader

Warnings: tw: quick mention of suicide, slight angst, emotional reader, fluff

~

It's almost an hour past midnight and you're fast asleep, in between your blankets while gentle snores leave your lips. You'd fallen asleep not too long ago, attempting to stay up and wait for Peter's reply that never came. But regardless you understood, he's currently on a mission far away. Not as far as space, but far enough for you to miss him desperately.

Then again, you miss him when he has to go to a different class every day. Little did you know, Peter Parker is now swinging through the semi-quiet streets of Queens toward your apartment window to sneak in and hopefully wake you up for a warm surprise.

As soon as he makes it to your window, he unlocks the lock you both had put on before and slides into your cozy bedroom. He smiles adoringly at the sight of you, his girlfriend sprawled out on your bed. One bare leg poking through your blanket and the side of your face smushed against your plush pillow. Your phone is beside your hand that is now resting near your head. He chuckles and grabs it cautiously, putting it on your bedside to charge it.

The one thing he loves and worries about you is how heavy of a sleeper you can be. It's great in cases like these where he wants to surprise you but not in those where there could be a break-in or something. The very thought makes him shudder. He walks off to your bathroom to freshen up quickly.

Finally, Peter finds himself sliding into your sheets carefully. He slowly puts his weight down onto your mattress and scoops you into his arms, resting his head on your pillow as well. It takes you a minute or so and a couple of incoherent sleepy murmurs to realize you're in someone's arms. "Peter?" you whisper, hoping to hear his voice and confirm you're not dreaming.

He remains silent to see your reaction, watching as your face contorts with disappointment. You let out a quiet sigh and start to drift off into deep sleep once again until his voice startles you. "Hi," he mutters.

Your eyes snap open and you look at the charming face only inches away from yours, "Peter!" you gasp. He chuckles at the excitement in your voice and leans forward, peppering your face with soft kisses. Your smile widens and you immediately scoot closer to him, leaning forward to peck his lips.

He places a hand on the side of your face, about to deepen the kiss until he notices the slight gloss in your eyes. He brushes a thumb underneath your eye as a tear sneaks out, "What's wrong, sweetheart?"

You sniffle and shake your head, laughing airily. "I didn't even realize I was crying. S-Sorry, it's just," you exhale and make eye contact with the brown-eyed boy. "I've really missed you," you whine, your voice wobbling as you break down into a fit of sobs.

"Oh, baby," he coos and pulls you even closer into his arms, squishing your face against his chest as he holds you tight.

"Seriously Peter," you whimper and cling to his shirt that feels soft to the touch. "Your shirt smells like you!" you cry out, tears staining his shirt.

"Well of course it does—"

"Y-You worry so much and- and I know you can't help but what you do because you're such a good person. God, you're such a good fucking person but it scares me so much because what if one day you don't come home? A-And I know what you're going to say so don't say it. I respect your job and you, of course. But I can't help but think those things and I always think about it because what the fuck am I going to do if I lose you? Would you be mad if I killed myself?"

"Y/n!"

"S-Sorry, sorry. It's just, I don't think I could live without you, Peter. Not to be weird, or a-anything, but I'm so madly in love with you. You're my best friend, my boyfriend, my family, my everything," you whisper, your laboured breathing finally coming to a steady pace. "Sorry, I got dramatic. I really love you. I'm glad you're here," you mumble, gradually relaxing to the beat of his heart because your ear is pressed against his clothed chest.

"Don't apologize. There's no need to, because I feel the same exact way. I love you. I love you so much, Y/n L/n. I don't know what I'd do without you either but how about we don't think about that? Because all we know right now is that we're here, together, alive and well. Whatever happens in the future happens, so let's focus on now. Right now, I'm here. You're here, in my arms, at your apartment. We're home. I'm home," he mumbles in his softest tone ever, his lips against your forehead as he speaks, helping you soothe back to sleep.

"Thank you," you mumble, melting into his embrace as his other hand massages your scalp.

"Good night, princess."

"Night, lover."

"I've never seen you get so emotional—"

"I'm on my period, shut up."