CH. 1 The Move

CH. 1 The Move

(Liam POV)

I get it; everyone thinks I'm crazy for doing this, but I want to do it.

I want a fresh start. No, I need a fresh start. For myself, for my mental state.

This is what I need.

This is why I packed everything, sold the house I was living in, purchased another home for a price, and why I am moving.

Everyone keeps telling me that there are other ways of healing, that I don't need to do this.

I've heard it all; I know that there are other ways of healing, but this is what I want, and this is the way I will choose to heal.

After being in a relationship for three years, it ended a month ago.

A relationship that I didn't see ending the way it did, my girlfriend sleeping with our neighbor.

Our married neighbor who had a wife and kids.

I say "had" because that neighbor's wife has started the divorce process right after I told her and showed her proof of the affair that my girlfriend, well ex-girlfriend, was having with her husband.

Not only that, our very loving neighbors in the neighborhood all spread the story of my cheating girlfriend finally being caught by me.

Almost everyone in the neighborhood knew about the affair that was going on with those two, except the neighbor's wife and me at the time.

And none of them thought to tell us.

I suppose it would ruin their entertainment if they did, but it seems me finally catching my ex-girlfriend in the act just brought more entertainment to the neighborhood.

This explains why I am moving; I couldn't live in that neighborhood anymore, not the area filled with neighbors that I would invite to barbecues and gatherings but had not let me know that I was with a woman sleeping with another man.

Not neighbors who continued to entertain themselves on an affair plot, not caring that there were real people involved, that these real people had feelings and would be hurt.

I couldn't do it; I couldn't continue living next door to a mother who was going through a divorce because her husband slept with my ex-girlfriend, and neither of us knew. We were two idiots of the neighborhood.

I couldn't bear myself to look at those kids in that home, finally coming to the knowledge that their dad cheated on their mom with Ivy from next door.

Yes, I know I wasn't the one who cheated, but it still bothered me, it still upset me, and I just couldn't do it.

So, when I kicked Ivy out of my house, I put it up for sale, and of course, I caught glances from the neighbors, but I didn't care because where I was going, no one was going to know my story, no one was going to know what I went through in that neighborhood.

The thing that blows my mind is when you're finally out of a relationship that wasn't good for you is when you realize everything.

The signs that you would missed before, becoming clear once you were out, Ivy most likely never really loved me.

She liked the success that came with me, the family name, the ins in gatherings she couldn't get into before she met me. Before she started hanging around my family. This is what came with being from a prosperous family in name and fortune.

No one in my family liked her.

No one but me, even my family pets, didn't like her, and I suppose I should have taken it as a sign.