CH: 9 The Morning

CH: 9 The Morning

(Liam POV)

I could hear the birds chirping from the bedroom window.

I had my eyes close, but my hand was covering my face.

Why? Because I remembered yesterday.

Faith and I were having a good time watching a show, and before I knew it, I was getting sleepy; I can remember from my sleepy state that Faith helped me get to the bedroom bathroom to do the things I needed to do before sleep.

The thing is the fact that I also remembered stripping to my boxers in front of Faith.

I was too tired to register what I was doing.

"Shit, I hope Faith wasn't creeped out about it," I said as I sat up.

I got up from my bed and headed toward the bathroom.

I hoped in the shower, letting the cold water run down my body.

Yesterday was nice. Faith making me dinner and sitting down to talk to me while I ate; explaining to her what happened to me with my ex didn't make me feel uncomfortable.

When family and friends tried to talk to me about it, I found myself wanting to avoid it or just trying to change the conversation.

I know my family and friends were coming from a good place when they tried talking to me about it, but why did I just feel more comfortable talking to Faith about it?

I continued my shower and finished it feeling refresh for the morning; I walked towards the sink and brushed my teeth.

I was staring at my reflection; the compliments that Faith gave me were playing over and over in my head.

I felt my face start to get hot and noticed a tint of pink forming on my face and cheeks.
"Pull yourself together, Liam; she was just trying to be nice," I said to myself.

Don't get carried away; I reminded myself.

I let out a sigh and went into the bedroom to get dressed; it was right when I was putting on the pants that I took notice of an amazing scent coming from downstairs.

I walked downstairs towards the kitchen to find Faith up and placing breakfast on the kitchen island.

She noticed me and raised her head, smiling at me.

"Good morning; how did you sleep?" She asked me.

I stared at her, taking her in.

Honestly, Faith just feels like a dream.

She didn't have to make me breakfast.

"Liam?" Faith said with a concerned look and tone to her voice.

"Sorry, wow, Good Morning to you too, and you didn't have to make me breakfast, but thank you so much. It means a lot." I said to her.

The smile appeared on her face again.

"No, I wanted to. I honestly don't mind. Did you sleep well?" She asked me as she turned around to open the fridge.

"Yes, I did. Did you?" I asked her; I watched Faith grab the orange juice out of the fridge and a lemon.

I felt like this was something that I wouldn't mind having; Faith living with me here.

It just felt natural, I mean, we got along well, and she is someone I could find myself talking to about things that I didn't think I could speak to others about.