CH: 15 Tell me more (Still Liam POV)

(Liam Pov)

I watched Richard tilted his head to the side.

"If I'm honest, this store hasn't been the same since she's been missing," Richard said in a soft tone.

"Her friend that's working there and doing everything that I'm sure Faith the owner wanted to be done is nice, but she's not Faith. Faith, the owner that went missing, just has something about her that just makes you want to be near her." Richard said.

I raised a brow to that.

"Sounds like you had a crush," I said to him; his eyes widened, and he shook his head.

"I don't think it was exactly a crush; she wasn't the person I liked. She was just one of the first people that were genuinely nice to me. I mean, it's not like I'm the best at talking to people. I'm 22, a nerd with not that many friends, and working at a food and house deco market." Richard said, waving his hand up and down his body.

"I'm sure I creeped her out a bit, but she always welcomed me; she actually helped with my social anxiety, whether she knew it or not. I know Faith found me weird, but I was fine with that because I found her weird too." Richard said, letting out a laugh.

I kind of chuckled at that.

"But, I did become a little bit too weird for a reason," Richard said lowly.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

I recalled Faith saying Richard was weird but that she didn't judge him and would still talk to him and also be friendly.

Richard openly admitting that he was weird did surprise me a bit, but I was curious about what he would say next.

"I told the police this, but there was a weird man at Faith's shop, weird in a creepy, scary way, not weird in my way, you know the guy who doesn't know how to socialize," Richard said, rubbing his shoulder.

"Faith was very popular, so she had a lot of regulars, some I would see all the time, but this guy was different, this guy wasn't someone I was familiar with, but yet he was still, a regular somehow," Richard said, bringing his stare up to me.

"I got worried and got weird vibes around him, so I started coming to Faiths store every day, and every day I would come, he would be there, just staring at her, it's not like he was staring at her in a way that she would know, but he was staring at her from far away in her shop. Sometimes, I would look at Faith to see if she noticed, but instead of making eye contact with him, she would make eye contact with me with a confused look. I don't think Faith ever noticed that man." Richard said, letting out a wary breath.

"Then, he started following her around. The first time I noticed was in this same store; I work here, so when I saw Faith here, I smiled, I was going to say hello to her, but that's when I noticed that man was also there, standing twelve feet away from her, following her." Richard said in a chilling voice.

Chills ran down my back because as I looked at Richard's face, the color drained from it.

The wary, nervous tone of his voice.

I knew that this man was telling the truth.

"Did you ever tell Faith?" I asked him.

"Every single time I tried to in her store, he was there, so I ended up talking to her about something, one day I left her a note, saying that I needed to talk to her about something important, but I don't know if she ever got it. Everywhere Faith went, that man followed because I was keeping tabs on them. When I told the police, they asked me if I took any pictures of him, and I only was able to take one picture, and the police said it was just a picture with a lot of customers in it." Richard said, taking out his phone.