CH: 11 Things that need to be done

(Faith POV)

I appreciated everything that Liam was doing to help me, honestly. I didn't think I would be getting help at all, I'm glad I met him, and he was the one who purchased my house.

If Liam hadn't come by, I would have anyone to help me.

Liam's laptop binged, and he went silent as he read something.

"Oh my God," Liam said with a sad look on his face.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"Just some new information that came on a cause I've been following, the man's name was Jelani Day; he was a young man that went missing that wasn't given enough coverage," Liam said in a low voice.

"What do you mean?" I asked, afraid of the response.

"Jelani Day was a young man that went missing, and he didn't get enough coverage regarding his case, his body has been recently found in a river and it is to believe that he was murdered," Liam said.

"He was murdered? Is there any update on how or when?" I asked, feeling the anger billed inside of me.

"Anything that says who could have done it to him?" I asked Liam.

Liam cleared his throat emotions were heard in his voice.

"There's nothing that I can see that says how far they have gone with the case, but I know the family deserves answers and coverage for all of this that is going on. They went through a family loss. They deserve coverage." Liam said softly.

"The thing that makes me angry is the lack of coverage this man was given; he had a loving family, a mother wondering nonstop what happened or where her son was, but the coverage he was given was barely covered at all. Society makes me sick, society has favoritism, and if you're not on that favoritism list, then you're not talked about. If he were someone that fit those things on that list, there would be more coverage. The only reason I fucking know this is because I did my research. It wasn't broadcast on the news that much; it didn't get that much news coverage at all." Liam said; I could hear the angry tone in his voice.

"Then, on top of that,  you have the media picking and choosing who deserves a certain amount of coverage and who doesn't."Liam snarled.

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

"It just really bothers me. That the media picks and choose, who gets the most coverage. If you're popular on the internet, you're going to get more coverage apparently over someone who was just a student living their life and progressing. Gender, Status, Ethnicity, Wealth, and Fame play too much of a role in who gets staus, and it's not fair. Why don't we all get equal coverage, regardless of your status and who you are" Liam said.

"I know; trust me, I know," I said, giving his hand another squeeze.

He turned to face me, and his eyes widened.

"Gosh, sorry about that; I need to get back on track to finding out what happened to you," Liam said to me.

"It's okay. I'll always listen to your rants." I said to him; I was honest. Something tells me that Liam doesn't openly rant like this to everyone.

"Thank you, that means a lot." He said, giving me a genuine smile.

"That's it, from now on, you'll smile at me like that, and if you can't do it. I don't want a smile." I said to Liam.

"That smile is a real one; I like you real smiles and not the fake ones. So, don't try giving me any future fake smiles because I'll be able to tell the difference." I said, poking him.