CH: 16 At it again

CH: 16 At it again

(Liam POV)

The man stared at me with a customer service smile.

"Sure, sir. How can I help?" He asked.

"Do you have anyone here that wants to give away any Antique items?" I asked him.

A confused expression appeared on his face.

"Um, not that I know of right now, but if we do, we usually bring all the items in a common Antique store," Nate said.

"Oh, so I've heard, but I heard the owner is no longer running the store, so I don't think she would mind," I said to Nate, shrugging my shoulders.

Nate narrowed his eyes at me.

"That doesn't mean that the store isn't still being run, the owner has a friend running the store, and I am sure she will return to run the store, so I think she would mind, especially if you're a competitor," Nate said in a harsh voice.

"I'm just trying to do business," I said.

"Well, we only do business with Faiths Antique, and if you're not Faith, then no, just because she's missing doesn't mean we just turn our backs on an agreement the nursing home had made with her," Nate said.

I turned my attention to a sign on the wall near the nursing home reception desk; it was a picture of Faith that said, 'Please help us find Faith.' It was on the wall big and bright.

"What do you think happened to her? I've heard a lot of different stories." I said to Nate.

"Listen, you must be new here," Nate said.

"Do I look new?" I asked him.

"Yes, you look like you're supposed to either be living in Bel Air, New York, or Los Angeles. Whether you know it or not, you stand out. I don't know what your issue is or what you want to do, but I don't have time for it right now; I'm working." He said.

"Well, let's see. I just want to find Faith." I said, shrugging my shoulders; Nate's eyes widened.

I wasn't going to tippy-toe around this guy that much.

"And I want to know if anyone who has spoken to Faith suspects someone of having to do with her being missing," I said to Nate.

"Do you suspect someone? Nate?" I asked him.

"Nate? It's time for your break." A brunette came over and said.

She smiled at me.

"Oh, hello, sir. I can help you with whatever it is that you need." She said, batting her eyes at me.

Uh, how about no.

"Actually, he came to see me personally. So, I'll go out with him for the break." Nate said to the woman.

The woman turned to look at me.

"Oh, okay. We'll have a nice break." She said, watching Nate get away from the desk.

Nate walked out of the nursing home, and I followed him.

He let out a sigh.

"I know she's going to start spreading rumors about this, probably that I'm gay or something, anyway. I think you came to see me here, right?" Nate said.

"Yes. I would like to talk to" I started to say but stopped when I realized the woman was standing in front of the glass window staring at Nate and me.