CH: 4 Please understand

(Faith POV)

Liam looked at me with a confused questioning look.

"What do you mean you don't know if you can leave?" He asked me.

"I mean like I don't know if I can leave the house. I haven't stepped out of the house ever since I became a ghost." I said to him.

He looked at me with a shocked expression.

"Not even once?!" He asked.

"Uh, no," I said shyly.

"You've got to be kidding me." He said, letting out a sigh.

"Just try it, just take a couple of steps out and come towards me. That's all you have to do." He said.

I shook my head.

"I can't," I said.

"Yes, you can, Faith. Just move your feet and come here." Liam said to me.

"I don't know," I said.

I was scared.

This is the one thing I haven't done, stepped out of my house.

I figured I shouldn't.  I remember my first day as a ghost; I woke up and found myself inside the house, Pam was crying and looking for me around the house, but she couldn't see me.

I just figured if I woke up inside the house and nowhere else, not even near my body. That meant maybe I couldn't leave the house.

That I needed to stay in the house, that maybe this was the only place I could exist.

"Faith, you're killing me here," Liam said.

"Liam, what exactly do you want me to do?" I said, throwing my hands up.

"Uh, you can come outside." He said, staring at me with a what the fuck look.

"I just told you, I can't!" I said.

"How do you know Faith? How do you know that you can't until you try." He said.

"I, I don't want to take the risk," I said.

"Faith, what did you practice doing while you were a ghost?" Liam asked me.

"Moving objects, throwing objects, wearing a sheet and roaming around the house, turning the lights on and off and also some other things," I said to him.

"Ah, I see. So you practiced all those things, which made you able to pull the contractor guy by the legs and dragged him just because he threatened your precious kitchen, but not once did you practice taking a couple of steps outside." Liam said, causing me to narrow my eyes at him.

"Don't you think you should have? I don't know. Practice doing more than you did." He said to me.

"Well, I'm fucking sorry, Liam, it's not like when I woke up as a ghost that there was a ghost manuel like there was in the fucking movie Bettle Juice!" I yelled at him.

"Well, it's not like if you take any steps outside Faith, that you'll pop up in another dimension like the fucking movie Bettle Juice either!" Liam said, yelling at me back.

I stared at him, angry but not at him. I was frustrated, frustrated with everything.

I can't be wrong about feeling scared about this.

I've never done it before.

I mean, when I woke up as a ghost. I was inside my house; I had no idea where my body was, no memory about what happened to me that day.