CH: 6 I can't say it

(Liam POV)

"Well," I started to say; Pam looked at me with a curious look.

I can't exactly tell her that the ghost of her best friend is trapped in the house that she sold me.

"I went upstairs in the attic because something fell, and I took a look around. Everything seems to have a story, and I guess I wanted to know about the person who brought all those things together." I said lamely.

There was no way she would buy that; I should have thought of something better to say to her.

My eyes widened as Pam gave me a huge smile.

"Faith things, and even she has that effect on people," Pam said.

"And I figured you would have a couple of questions regarding her things if you saw them; I'm glad I can keep one of her projects on continuing," Pam said.

I nodded my head.

"How long do you think renovations would take to finish in the store?" I asked Pam.

"Two years left." She said.

"It was a huge project." She said, smiling.

"Do you mind if I took some pictures?" I asked her.

"No, not at all." She said. I stood up to leave the office but turned to ask her another question.

"Faith just disappeared that day without a trace?" I asked her.

"Yes, it's unlike Faith to do that; that's why I knew something was wrong. It just wasn't like her, and there is no way she would leave her store or house." Pam said with a serious voice.

"Did she have a car?" I asked Pam

"She did, and the car is also missing; I gave a full description of the car to the police, with the plate tag number and everything, but they never found any traces of the car, not even anyone seeing it anywhere," Pam said with a confused expression.

"It just doesn't make sense to me; how could no one know where Faith is? Faith is a beautiful woman, she's going to stand out no matter where she goes, so I find it strange that no one has seen Faith at all." Pam said in a disbelief voice.

I cleared my throat; she was right about that; Faith is beautiful, so surely someone would take an interest in the sight of her.

Wait.

"Was she seeing anyone?" I asked.

"No, she was single. If there were anyone she was seeing, she would have told me, and she didn't show interest in anyone either." Pam said, with a look on her face as if she was trying to remember something.

"I remember even suggesting for her to try dating, and she just brushed it off. She was just pretty much always focused on herself, her goals, and what she wanted to do with her life, with the store and the house." Pam told me.

"Did you notice anyone interested in her?" I asked.

She tilted her head. "Hmm, not that I can think of, but there were a lot of people who thought she was unique, I guess; I almost want to say she had a fan club, people were smitten with her, but I am unsure. If it was romantically." Pam said.

"People could be impressed with your personality, but that doesn't mean they like you. That's what Faith would always say whenever I would suggest that maybe someone had a crush on her while growing up." Pam said, shrugging her shoulders.

"Faith sounded like she was all about her," I said; Pam threw her head back and laughed.

"Oh my gosh, that's the only time I laughed today. Thanks for that; you're so right, though." She said, holding back another chuckle.