CH: 20 The Flower Crown

(Liam POV)

The flower crown, the same crown that we have been wondering about, the one whose meaning we didn't know of, might be because of this.

I looked at Faith; I watched a scared look appear on her face; she took the crown off and threw it.

"Oh my God." She said, holding her hand.

"It's him; it is him. How? Why all these years? What did he do to me? If he was going to kill me, what was the point of waiting for me to grow up, start a life for myself, have a home and career just to take it away from me?" Faith said, an angry expression appearing on her face.

"He took away my family, my childhood, and that wasn't enough for him, so he came to finish me off. I don't fucking get it." Faith said; she shook her head.

The crown was back on her head.

I didn't have to say anything because Faith and I knew that no matter how many times she took off the flower crown, it would still make its way back on her head.

"The flower crown means something; everything that you're wearing was what you were wearing when you went missing; the flower crown is the only thing that's different, which only means one thing," I said to her.

"That I died while wearing it." Faith said.

"Yes, that could be the reason why it's still on your head," I said to her.

"I'm going to have some people help us, okay? We'll get a copy of the original sketch, and we'll run it through the people image database; if this guy has a license, a passport, has ever donated blood, has insurance, has been to school in the USA, he'll pop up, these things have advanced from the time you were young and just because he wasn't caught before, doesn't mean he won't get caught now." I told Faith.

"So don't give up hope, okay, especially now, because after all, hope is on our side with this," I said, smiling at her softly.

"Okay. I'll continue cooking dinner." She said.

I nodded my head, and she turned around to continue cooking.

My phone vibrated; it was a text from my brother wondering why I was having such a request; I told him that I would explain to him later and just do it for me.

He sent me a text saying that he would, and he couldn't wait for me to explain to him why.

I rolled my eyes at my brother's text message.

I also sent a text to Richard to meet him tomorrow to do the sketch. He texted me back saying that he could and that he was off tomorrow.

After I was finished texting him with a time and place, I placed my phone on the island and looked at Faith.

She was moving around the kitchen, cooking, and getting the things that she needed.

Yes, I wish that Faith wasn't a ghost, but I can't say that her not being a ghost right now was something that didn't bring us together.

If Faith were still alive and living in this house, she and I would probably have not crossed pathed, I would have never bought this house and been given a chance to meet her, but that still doesn't excuse the horrible thing happpened to her.

I can see why everyone had felt so drawn to her; whether Faith knew it or not, she carried a certain aura around her.

An aura that you just want to be around.