CH. 2 This can't be real

(Liam POV)

"What, what is going on here?" I asked myself, looking out the door, staring at the retreating police car.

"Well, it looks like they're leaving." She said; I turned around, and she was standing right next to me, with a sly smirk on her face.

"That's what's going on; the cops that you called to kick me out are now leaving, and guess what? I'm still here." She said, staring at me with a facial expression that screams out, 'I told you so.'

"This has to be a sick joke," I said; what kind of area is this? Do they play jokes like this on people who just moved here?

"It's not a joke." She said; I watched as she rolled her eyes at me—an annoyed expression forming on her face.

"Anyway, unless you want your future neighbors to start talking about the man who just moved into the neighborhood and how he's standing outside his house talking to no one. I would probably get back in if I were you, or you can stay outside. Fine by me." She said, going inside the house and slamming the door behind me.

I turned around in disbelief. I was standing in front of my front door, confused.

There has to be an explanation about this?

I need to ask her.

Who is she? What does she want?

When I went to open the door, it was locked.

"What the hell? Did she just locked me outside?" I said.

I was going to knock on the door until I remembered that I had the key in my pocket.

I took the key out of my pocket and unlocked the door.

Going inside and closing the door behind me, I walked in quietly and found her standing in the kitchen.

"My beautiful kitchen, you better not touch it or make any changes." She said, looking around the kitchen.

She let out a sigh.

"You know I forgot you had a key, so when are you leaving? You haven't unpacked, so it shouldn't be too hard." She said, turning to face me.

I stared at her, not saying anything and trying to wrap my mind around what was going on.

"Hello, I know you can see me, or are you going to pretend that you can't?" She asked, placing her hand on her hip.

"What's going on with you and those police officers? Why did they pretend they couldn't see you?" I asked her.

I had no time for games, I wanted her out, and I planned to report the officers that came here; I don't have time for these jokes. I called the police to help with this situation, not walking away and pretending they couldn't see her.

"Uh, sorry. I think you're a little confused about everything that's going on here. So, feel free to ask me any questions, and I'll answer them the best I can. So, let me answer your first two questions. I don't have anything going on with those two officers, and they didn't pretend not to see me; they simply can't see me." She said.

"What? What do you mean they can't see you? You were right fucking there; how were they not able to see you? I pointed at you, and you were standing right there. You and those cops are playing a sick joke on me." I said to her.

"I'm going to call my lawyer and sue you, those cops, and where they work," I said to her.

She threw her head back and laughed.