CH: 5 Tell me about your best friend

(Liam POV)

I was driving to the Antique shop that Faith had owned.

"I'm going to have to apologize to the contactor guy and explain what happened earlier somehow," I said, shaking my head.

"I don't know. Maybe I'll say it was a remote control sheet, and there was a mini plane underneath it." I said to myself.

"Woah, is that the antique shop?" I asked myself as I looked out the window. It was freaking massive, and it was still getting built attachments.

"Why would Faith do that?" I asked myself, after the short time of talking and getting to know Faith.

I knew that this massive project of getting the Antique store this huge was for sure Faith's idea.

"This looks like it would cost a lot of money to get done," I said; getting out of my car, I parked in the Antique store parking lot.

I took out my phone and took a picture of the store from the outside.

No wonder Pam had to sell the house; she had to finish Faith's project and continue paying for it.

I walked towards the front door of the Antique store and opened the door, going in.

A bell chinged, letting it known that someone opened the front door.

"I'll be right there," yelled Pam.

I waited for a couple of seconds, and Pam appeared in front of me.

She looked shocked.

"Oh, hello, Mr. Remington, I didn't know you would be coming by, is there something wrong?" She asked me.

I would give her a response, but then a man came up to her and spoke.

"Ma'am, from what the blueprints show here, we'll have to adjust here, to add this and make it work." The man said, pointing on the blueprint paper to Pam.

Pam looked at what he was talking about and nodded her head.

"Okay." She said.

The man nodded his head and walked away.

Pam turned to look at me with a forced smile.

"Sorry about that, was there something you wanted to talk to me about?" She asked me.

"Yes. Um. I was unaware of the history of the home I purchased." I said.

I watched Pam's eyes widened.

"Please, come speak to me in the office." She said, walking towards another door.

I followed her; she opened the door and held it open for me. It was an office that was decorated in a particular style; this was Faith's office.

"Please have a seat," Pam asked.

I did as she said and looked around the office, eyes widening in some of the cool things that were in there.

"This is Faith's office; I'm just using it." She said.

"I haven't change anything because she would probably get mad if I did," Pam said, causing me to raise a brow at her.

She was staring at me as she spoke but then sighed.

"Sorry, sometimes I talk about her like that." She said in a low voice.

"I guess someone in the neighborhood or area must've told you about some stuff already," Pam said.

"I would like to tell you the true story, I don't know what they told you, but I think someone who actually knows Faith and also is her best friend would be better at explaining things than someone who lives in the neighborhood," Pam said.