CH: 12 That's Risky

CH: 12 That's Risky

(Faith POV)

"You're going to try?" Liam asked, looking at me as if I were crazy.

"Yes, I am going to try," I said in a determined voice.

"And what if you disappear?" Liam asked me.

"Then, you'll have to learn how to go on without me," I said to him.

Liam looked at me as if I had two heads.

"Okay, I know I was the one pushing for it in the beginning, but let's not take that risk," Liam said, causing me to drop my mouth opened.

"Are you serious?" I asked him with a serious tone.

"Yeah, I'm very serious," Liam said, as he stared at me with a look that told me that he was not going to change his mind.

"Oh, come on, you were up for it yesterday," I said to him.

"I was, but that was before I got to know you and thought about it a little more," Liam said in a low voice.

"Oh really, wow, Liam. Now that you think I'm cool, you don't want to take the risk." I said, openly teasing him.

"Yeah, it's going to be lonely here if you disappear. Who am I going to talk to? Who's going to make me delicious food? What beautiful scenery would I wake up to you with you gone?" Liam said, causing me to roll my eyes playfully.

"Liam, I am not letting you go alone," I said, crossing my arms.

"What if one of them does something to you?" I asked him.

"Faith, alright. I'll be fine, okay; I don't want you going out yet; we are not sure if you'll be fine or disappear, so I don't want to take the risk. I know I was all about it before, but now I just can't think of it the same way. So, we can try another day, but not today, okay? We'll talk about it more and figure out different ways we can test it out." Liam said.

"Okay, fine," I said.

The truth was, I was just going to throw myself out of the house anyway and see if I would disappear or not.

"Okay, I am going to go check out things with the first guy that's on our list and work my way down," Liam said.

"Okay. Just make sure you bring something in case anything happens." I told Liam.

"Like what?" He asked me.

"I don't know. Do you have a gun or anything?" I asked him; I watched Liam's eyes widened, being taken off guard by what I said.

"I do have one, but I am not going to bring it with me," Liam said.

"What, why not? Don't you have a license to carry?" I asked him.

"I do, but Faith, I am just going to go and observe and check them out," Liam said, causing me to give him a what the fuck look.

"Boy, if you don't bring a weapon with you just in case, in case you forgot, hello, I'm dead, and someone either had something to do with it and if that is true, then you're going to need something to defend yourself against anyone who could try to hurt you," I said, narrowing my eyes at him, so he could see that I wasn't going to take no for an answer.

"Alright, Beautiful. I'll bring my gun; I guess you're right about that." Liam said, walking into the living room.

"You keep your gun downstairs?" I asked him.

"Oh, I have more than one gun, I'll be keeping them in different parts of the house; I always do that, makes me feel safe, and I'll be ready in case anything were to happen to me or others in my home," Liam said.

"Hmm, good idea. I never had a gun in here or even bothered getting a license to carry; maybe I should have." I said, thinking if it would have helped me with this situation.

Well, there's a chance maybe I could have died in an accident, or perhaps I drove and crashed into a woody area, and I still haven't been discovered, but don't people who crash or die in woody areas get discovered sooner or later anyway? I don't even know. I guess I'll have to wait to see what information Liam can gather with this investigation that he's doing. Yet, that still doesn't explain the flower crown on my head, so I guess I shouldn't even be thinking about other possibilities but murder being why I am dead.

"Earth to Faith," Liam said, waving his hand in front of me.

"Hmm?" I said, bringing my attention back to him.

"Where did you go?" he asked me.

"Nowhere, I'm right here. I was just doing a little thinking about if it would be different if I had a gun or not." I said, truthfully, even though I didn't know what had happened to me.

I have a strange feeling that if I had a weapon, maybe it would have been better for me.

"Hey, don't think about that, okay? Don't think about what you could have done; the person who did this to you or whatever happened to you shouldn't have happened to you in the first place." Liam said, looking into my eyes.

"We'll find out what happened to you, and we'll get answers; I mean it, I won't give up, and I won't stop till we find out what happened to you. You now have a partner, a living one yet at that." Liam said, cracking a smile on the last part, which caused me to let out a laugh.

Gosh, this guy is something else.

"There it is, there's that laugh and beautiful smile." He said, causing a feeling inside of me to leap.

Why did I have to meet him as a ghost?

This is the first time I find myself openly feeling this way with someone.

All these years, I was alive, never meeting anyone that I felt like I could smile this way with or talk this way with, and now here I am, feeling this way, but I'm dead.

Wow, the way the universe works is crazy.

"Guess we both like each other smiles," I said in a low voice.

"Yes, we do, but we like other features about each other as well besides each other smiles," Liam said, looking at me with a serious expression.

"I can't disagree with that," I said to him; he smiled at me and cleared his throat.

"Alright, I'm going to go now." He said, walking towards the front door.

I followed him.

I watched him open the door and step outside.

"I'll be back, don't worry. Stay in here, okay?" He sternly said.

"Yes, sir," I said, causing him to smile at me.

"Okay, lock the door behind me." He said, walking away.

"Stay safe," I said, calling out to him.

"I will; I have someone to come home to." He said as he continued to walk to the car.

I closed the door and locked it.

My hands were still against the door as I let out a deep breath.

Liam, please stay safe.

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

Yeah, Liam you better stay safe! Faith only can talk to you.

I edited the previous chapter regarding the Jelani Day case after new information has resurfaced out of respect for the family. I hope the family is able to get justice.

Please give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT! When you Vote & Comment it lets the Author know that you're enjoying their work and look forward to it.

-Kassandra Vivu