CH: 18 What happened to me?

(Faith POV)

Not being able to control some of my emotions in this state is something that bothers me.

I don't want to hurt anyone, especially Liam.

"I'm really sorry about that," I said again. I don't know how many times it was that I apologized.

"What was the memory?" Liam asked me softly as he rubbed my back.

"I was fighting back someone; no matter how badly I tried for them to let me go, they wouldn't, and I couldn't break free from them. I'm one hundred percent sure that the person I was trying to break free from was a man." I said, trying to recall that memory.

"I think I was outside somewhere, and I can remember a flash of my car, so I think my car was there as well; I didn't want the person touching me. In my memory, I felt that I was scared, no, I was scared, and it still scares me right now." I said, pulling back to look at Liam.

"How are we going to be able to find this guy? Especially if he disappeared like this, we don't have information about him except for the picture that Richard took and the information that the others gave you." I said to Liam.

"We'll find out a way; the thing about this is neither of us is going to give up. Do you know if Pam has ever seen him or spoken to him?" Liam asked me.

I tried to remember if Pam had ever come across the man in the picture.

"She might have seen him in the store, but I don't think they ever had a conversation; why? Do you think she might have suspected something of him as well?" I asked Liam.

"I don't know, but it's worth the chance of asking her, though; during my time asking the people that used to be around you the questions about your disappearance, I realize that some of them notice more things than you did. Believe me, I'm not saying any of this was your fault, but it's something scary realizing that sometimes even the person whose life is in danger won't be aware of it until it's too late." Liam said, looking at me softly.

"I'm aware of that," I said, looking away.

"I am usually someone who used to be great at paying attention to my surroundings, especially with what happened to me growing up." The thought of me being a kid left a sour taste in my mouth.

"What do you mean?" Liam asked me.

I stared at him, debating whether to tell him or not; when I saw the concerned look on his face, I decided to tell him about my past.

"You know I grew up in the system, but it wasn't always like that; I had a family, it was my mom, my dad, and me. We were happy, I wasn't the most outgoing kid, and I didn't have a lot of friends, but my parents were very patient with me." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"I made a friend; at first, he was my imaginary friend, that I would talk to in my closet, he would do my hair and tell me that I was beautiful, and tell me stories," I said in a low voice.

"He was my only friend, I've told my parents about him plenty of times, and they were worried that their daughter formed an imaginary friend. I remember one time my mom asked me to describe my imaginary friend to her, I can't remember how I explained to her, but I remember my looking at me in a weird way when I did; I remember her wondering why my imaginary friend wasn't my age? And why was he an older man? But she let it be at first." I said, folding my hands together.

"It was one day when I was having my imaginary friend do my hair that my mom came into my bedroom double-check on me. I remember the look on her face; my mom's beautiful dark brown skin showed fear. She let out a scream and yelled for him to get away from me." I said, watching Liam's eyes widened with understanding.