chapter twelve

Aaron

When Iris and I walked home side by side we talked so much, basically a variety of things. The things I've learned about Iris. I learned that Iris belongs to a family of three; her, her dad, and her older brother. I don't think she has a mother and if she does she never mentioned her.

She played the liberio on her highschool volleyball team and she oh so affectionately told me her number was seven, her lucky number. She's from San Bernardino and absolutely loves the place, I think mostly her dad. It's clear as day that she adores him so much. She also says she has a mild obsession with her Nintendo Switch and tells me she loves playing all sorts of games.

This morning to my surprise she actually ended up texting me, asking her to hang out later. Not specifying what we were going  to do though.

This sounds kind of stupid but I like to prepare myself for whatever I do. It sounds lame, I know. But it's good to be prepared for the worse. Jadon jokes saying it's 'parental instincts since my parents are barely here ever'.

I thought it was funny to tell him that he's a cheap knock-off of Derrick Rose. Which just letting you guys know  he threw a fit at telling me that he's no knockoff of any sort of basketball player.

I was lucky enough that  I didn't have any classes today, fully healing me from my hangover two days ago from those roofied water bottles.

Iris texted me that she'd come to my place after class. I was in bed reading when she was texting me. As soon as she sent that text I hightailed to my bathroom, showering for thirty minutes to make sure I'm presentable enough to see her.

Correction: I wanna look good for her.

If that wasn't painfully obvious already.

One thing is certain, she doesn't even need to try and she still looks stunning.

I had to force myself to not rile myself up and be nervous about hanging out. We're friends but I still get nervous. Maybe I'm scared that once she hangs out with me more, she'll ditch me.

But those were just stupid shower thoughts.

I spent the rest of the day laying in bed reading countless news articles, more importantly articles about the stock market, because why not? Just kidding, it's not 'why not' it actually affects my parents' work stuff.

But it's not for me to worry about is it?

It's for my parents' ten assistants to go and micromanage and watch every little thing that's happening in the business world. They have plenty of employees to do that stuff, but the off chance that they're not busy and actually want to have dinner with me since God knows how long, they'd be proud that I'd taken an interest into the stock world.

When I heard a soft knock on the door, I knew it was her right away. Jadon went to the gym to get some extra training, so he was definitely going to stay there for a while. Knowing him he'll probably pick up a few girls too. Actually I don't 'know' that he told me.  He quote on quote told me, 'My middle name is multi-tasking'. Jadon doesn't even have a middle name.

I rush to the door, opening it up as quickly as possible to see her beam at me. My heart just decided to randomly beat just a little bit faster. 

"Hey there." Iris greets me with a warm grin plastered on her face.

"Hi." The only word that can possibly come out of my mouth right now. "Ready to go?" I ask, waiting for Iris to step aside.

She gives me a full grin, that makes my heart beat a little faster at the attention she's giving me. She looks so pretty today. Well I mean she always looks stunning, so I shouldn't be surprised. But like I said, I think she looks marvellous today.