chapter eighteen

Iris

Aaron grabs my hand and we flee Rizzo's away from our friends. This feels sick like we're from one of those fucking cool-ass action movies. Like we're the badass duo.

I'm very happy for two reasons; one I get to hang out with Aaron, and two I won't have to face Sienna and whatever fucking love life drama about Drew she has. Which that stuff obviously riles her up.

Outside the restaurant it's dark outside, the sun is setting and the lamps on the street are on. It's so fucking nice outside. It's one of those open pathways with no card around. People get around by foot or bicycle. I've never really noticed it before. If I'm being honest L.A never really excited me other than I could go to UCLA with Crystal and Zack.

We walk past a small bar and grille, people are eating, drinking and conversing without a care in the world. Definitely not thinking about how they accidentally slept with her friends 'love of her life'. I say the 'love of her life' part with not that much seriousness. Not love, but it's something. But who am I to judge on how she feels for this guy?

Taylor Swift's melodic voice rings out through the bar and grille's speaker while we walk hand in hand past it. I love this song. 

"Don't blame your love makes me crazy, if it doesn't, you ain't doin' it right." Aaron quietly sings the lyrics of the Taylor Swift song under his breath. The way he sings it seems like he doesn't even know he's doing that like it's stuck in his head almost. I'm surprised seeing him know Taylor Swift let alone know the lyrics to one of her songs. 

A new thing I've learned about Aaron. Every day he seems to surprise just a little more.

Definitely, from the outside, you'd never guess he'd know the lyrics to Don't Blame Me. But, I find that charming of him. Definitely a good trait.

I turn to him eyeing him with one eyebrow raised, he catches my gaze and laughs, "What?" He shrugs.

"Never knew you were a Swiftie." I tease.

He rolls his eyes, "Jadon's little sister is. She used to make us only play her when he drove her to dance." He explains looking off in the distance. He suddenly grimaces like he remembered a memory. "Especially during when Reputation came out, she blared it 24/7. Jadon and I had it stuck in our head for weeks."

"I can imagine Jadon jamming out to Look What You Made Me Do," I tell him. Aaron smiles in response.

"Anyway, life's too short to pretend to not find her music catchy." He admits with one shoulder popping up, giving my hand a gentle squeeze. I like that about him, he's on the quiet side a lot of the time but he's so intriguing.

"So you are a Swiftie." I point at him with a 'gotcha' look.

"I'm not a Swiftie," He chuckles shaking his head, "Her music is catchy."

"I never knew you were so cultured." I playfully nudge him with my shoulder.

"Shut up." He jokingly responds, with not a single ounce of seriousness in his voice.

Aaron

I never thought this was how the day would go after Parker's game. I didn't think I'd even see Iris and her cute face or end up going to dinner with her friends. Or like the obvious right now, leaving dinner with them early to hang out.