chapter forty-seven

Iris

Finals week was rough, it drained the life out of me. I barely got to see Aaron for finals due to both of our stressful schedules and even when we did get to see each other our friends were always there.

But at least my first semester has come to an end, it's been a crazy one at that. I guess people are right when they say college changes everything.

I literally trudged home and once I saw my lovely prized which is my bed, I turned into fucking Sleeping Beauty. Except I wasn't looking like a beauty. My hair was in a lazy messy braid, I didn't change out of my outside clothes, and I didn't bother to wipe off my makeup.

So yeah, it was more like Sleeping Slob.

I don't know how long I've been in bed, or who has texted me, and to be fair I don't really give a shit.

Yet, some person is in the room with me right now.

I don't know what time it is, but my body is being shaken by someone. I hope I know the person and aren't being kidnapped. But in the small chance that I do get kidnapped, my missing poster better have used a picture of me where I look hot.

"Stop," I groan. "Let me be drained in peace."

"Boohoo, get up loser."

Crystal?

"Don't you have some sorority event to go to or something? Leave me be." My eyes are still closed when I try to swing back at her blindly, completely missing every time.

"You look fucking gross," Crystal adds, "Shouldn't you be prepping or something? Jadon told me the Gala is today."

Today. Saturday. The Gala. Fuck.

My eyes snapped open faster than flies buzzing to honey. "Shit."

Today's Saturday. Shit, shit, and oh did I say shit? I scramble out of my bed still tangled in sheets, and almost face plant into the floor. I grab my phone as soon as possible, right now it's two pm and Aaron's picking me up at six forty-five.

I look like crap and I'm going to be around rich people for hours. And the horrific realization bitch slaps me in the face. Aaron's parents are going to be there and I look like garbage.

"You're a mess." Crystal laughs.

"Look in the mirror bitch, aren't we all?" I quip back in stress. I snatch all my shower essentials and sprint to the bathroom to take a shower.

The hot water melts the exhaustion from yesterday, and I take an especially long time washing my hair to make sure it looks great tonight.

My mind drifts off to Aaron, I wonder how he looks in a suit. I've never seen him get truly dressed up for an occasion. Shit, I bet he looks so hot and how hot he looks under his clothes. A wave of heat rushes and sweeps through the top of me all the way down there. I push my thighs together in response.

Get. A. Grip.

I shake my head at my own thoughts before burying myself in other activities. I shave every part of me, exfoliate, wash and hop out of the shower feeling a little more like myself. I make my way back to my room. Crystal's lounging around watching reality TV with Alexia in her room and I can hear their faint laughing. Lightly towel drying my hair, and taking out the dress I'll be wearing tonight.

I sit down in front of my mirror and start doing my makeup. I watched videos of other people getting ready even though I'm not even copying their makeup look in the slightest.

I don't know how long it's been but doing my makeup just felt so fucking satisfying I couldn't help but go all out. I ended up with dark smokey siren eyes, and a light natural pink lip covered with gloss making it perfectly shiny.

I study myself in the mirror for a second because goddamn my makeup turned out fucking great. There's something about getting all beautified and seeing the end result that is so satisfying.

Alexia comes in to help me with my hair and I get an odd sense of deja vu. It feels uncanny to remember me dying her hair bubblegum pink months ago. I did her hair after a party where I was with someone who I didn't give two shits about, and now she's doing my hair so I can enjoy a night with the man I care about.

"You look so pretty tonight." Alexia beams.

She straightens my hair and lightly curls very loose waves leaving my hair lying down my back. Crystal and Alexia help me into my tight gown.

Crystal ties up the open back tightly, she looks in the mirror where I'm standing in front of. "Aaron's a very lucky guy to be with you," Crystal says seriously, unlike the humorous Crystal in the morning. "I don't know if I told you this but you seriously look insane in the best way possible."

I put on deodorant, and then spritz some perfume. I rub some perfume on my wrists, and behind my ears. I kneel down to rub some on my ankles and behind my knees.

"Dirty, dirty girl ." She shakes her head with a smirk when she watches me rub in my perfume. Crystal clearly has reverted back to her unserious self.

Alexia pushes Crystal with one hand, "Oh shut it, you."

I ignore Crystal's innuendo and put on my dark platform pumps with chunky heels. These shoes would probably make an old person scream, 'that girl's a whore!'. They look like shoes that Barbie herself would wear with how high the heels are and I love them for that reason.

I look at the time, six-forty-four. Perfect fucking time. Aaron's waiting outside my dorm in the parking lot with his car.

"Let's go see your man!" Alexia squeals and I can't help but smile at her unwavering excitement for me.

Alexia hooks her arm through my right arm and Crystal does the same for my left and they walk me out of our small dorm apartment and down a few flights of stairs. I feel like I'm being married off instead of just going to see my boyfriend.

We make our way to the doors that open up to the parking lot where he'll be waiting. All three of us stop at the doors.

"Enjoy your night out," Crystal pats my shoulder.

"What, we can't see their reactions to each other?" Alexia distraughtly asks.

"Let it be just them." Crystal placed a comforting arm around Alexia's shoulder, "For all we know they might jump each other's bones."

I shoot them both an unimpressed look, but when I see them I honestly have to suppress myself from fucking laughing. They look like proud middle-aged parents in the way they're standing there together.

"Thank you for helping me out," I tell them sincerely.

"Of course," Crystal opens the door to the parking lot for me where Aaron is standing on the other side.

~~~

an: I SWEAR Y'ALL WILL BE IN FOR A RIDE WITH THIS ONE, I PROMISE. I KNOW THIS WAS SHORT. BE A LITTLE MORE PATIENT AND ALSO JUST BE A LITTLE MORE PATIENT.

I'm kicking my feet up in the air rn while writing the next portion and it will come soon. if you want to support me for free consider voting, commenting or following! i appreciate all of you guys!

stay safe,

- LeLe