chapter twenty-five

Iris

Why am I so indecisive?

That is the constant thought ringing through my head as I flip through racks of clothing at a Halloween shop trying to figure out what the fuck I'm going to wear.

Like I want it to be hot, but also want to find myself lookin' hella cute.

I can't find anything. Well, I mean obviously a bunch of Halloween costumes are in front of me but I'm not feeling any of them.

I'm also not opposed to looking basic on Halloween either. If I go as a classic devil or angel I'm fine with that too. It's easy and you can make yourself look hot as hell. It's a win-win situation.

"Have you got any ideas?" I dreadfully ask Crystal as she also searches through racks.

"No fucking clue," She responds.

At least we're on the same page.

"Bro I'm astronomically fucked. Pink hair? The fuck was I thinking?" Alexia whines. Referring to how hard it must be to find a costume that fits pink hair without having to buy a wig. Or use one of those hair dye sprays that come out in like thirty minutes.

"You were fucking drunk when you asked me to do it." I remind her before adding, "Drunk-ish is more like the way I'd describe it."

"I don't regret a thing," Alexia counters, "Because my hair looks so good, but having pink hair makes this shit ten times harder."

"Understandable." Crystal points at her in agreement. Crystal picks up a Harley Quinn costume and checks it out for a split second before placing it back on the rack.

"Are you going to do any matching couply shit with Nadia?" I tease Crystal, but also seriously ask. Crystal's big on documenting stuff on her Instagram, so Halloween is definitely going to be filled with posing for pictures. If she does do couple costumes with Nadia that means me or Alexia are going to be their personal photographer.

The corners of Crystal's lips turn down and the mood physically, mentally, and spiritually dampens by ten folds.

"Nah, she's not into Halloween. She also doesn't want to go to a party."

Oh. Fuck.

That was the wrong fucking question to ask. I'm an idiot. Poor Crystal, the face she has on right now is pure misery. This is also giving me major deja vu from the time in the washroom with Crystal crying in the stalls.

Although the jokes I cracked were some of my best material.

"So, are you going to stay with her instead of going to the party?" Alexia questions. If Crystal wants to be with Nadia I'm cool with it, but obviously, we'll both be disappointed. I know Crystal has been looking forward to going and having fun.

"I offered to stay with her, but she told me to go and have fun." Crystal responds with an almost exasperated look on her face. Even though that's kinda a bummer for Crystal not being with Nadia at the party, I'm excited that we will be going to the party together, all three of us instead of going with just two.

"Awwwwww." Alexia and I jointly swoon at how Nadia let Crystal come party with us. Okay, Nadia is officially in my good graces again and Alexia's as well. Well, at least I hope so.

"She told me she didn't want me to be there with her." Crystal abruptly cuts off our swooning and heart eyes. Our 'awws' and 'so cutes' stop immediately, the hearts in our eyes have been physically crushed and stomped on.