( 𝐑𝐔𝐌𝐎𝐑)

THIRD PERSON POV:

THIRD PERSON POV:

it's been a few months since that last meeting. you were worried about mori demoting you but you still ignored more of his complaints about the training schedule. by nature, mori was a very manipulative and cruel person. your pride wouldn't let him manipulate you out of doing what's best for akutagawa and the mafia. sometimes you wondered if he cared about the mafia or members in it at all.

the last complaint you ignored from him didn't go down too smoothly, but hey! you were still here and alive. that's what mattered right?

if that was the case then once you arrived to the mafia building this morning, nearly every member wouldn't be giving you death stares down the hallway.

you chuckled nervously as gin stared at you from across the hall. you had no idea what you did to upset the assassin, or anyone else. quickly after making eye contact with gin, you heard footsteps you presumed to be akutagawas. you were considering greeting him to calm things down until your subordinate, rei pushed you with all her might into a room.

as the both of you crashed and tumbled into a wall, she opened her eyes and pulled you up. " no! you cannot let akutagawa see you! are you clueless to what has happened?" she questioned quietly.

" kinda?" you replied as you scratched your head. rei sighed and rolled her eyes. " listen, i heard that mori has decided to make a lie among the port mafia regarding your position so he has reason demote you. something that has akutagawa completely livid." she continued to explain.

maybe that was his plan. to make akutagawa hate you?

" i will miss working under you but getting demoted is better than getting killed by that ability of akutagawa's. if he sees you he WILL try to kill you. take some of the shortcuts in the building to reach mori's office and wait for your punishment there."

your anger would usually have you confront this lie your boss made right away, but getting pulled into such a dark and quiet room by  someone you were close to oddly made you a more calm. you were almost thinking more rationally. rei's plan made sense, if you acted on impulse people would be less likely to believe you. however, if you obeyed mori and focused on proving your innocence once you found more information down the line, things would go a lot more smoother.

you nodded your head as a symbol of understanding and agreement with what she said. you didn't want to lose your position but it was better than dying or getting yourself into deeper trouble, that's for sure. " thanks rei i appreciate it, i'll text you to let you know how everything went down." you told her as you walked into a hallway that would lead you to a shortcut to mori's office.

...

you were nervous that akutagawa would find you, but not once did these shortcuts fail you. you twisted open the door you were familiar with to see a familiar man with hardly any eyebrow hair staring at you.

 you twisted open the door you were familiar with to see a familiar man with hardly any eyebrow hair staring at you