( 𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃 )

when akutagawa walked in, you were sitting up straight eating chocolate chip pancakes a nurse must have been kind enough to gift you.

the ravenette wasn't sure after all this time if he had gone delusional. noticing his presence, you started to choke on your pancakes, not totally ready to see him.

" akutagawa.." you looked at him with astonishment. he peered away from you to speak. " we'll talk after everyone else comes." slowly, people you remembered came. they seemed surprised to see you but you didn't know why yet. an hour later, the doctor arrived as well. she sat next to you and smiled.

" do you know how long it has been since you last been awake y/n?" the lady questioned you. you rubbed your head, thinking of an answer. " i wanna say it's felt like a few days? don't tell me it's been more."

" it's...been a year y/n." the nurse said scooting back more in her chair. " we were supposed to pull the technology today but it looks like you don't need it anymore."

you sat there almost frozen. it's been that long?  you could've got so much done in that time alone. the dream you had seemed long enough but it didn't seem like you were asleep anytime past a week. you played around with your fingers, thinking about 'what would of have been's.

the doctor pushed up her glasses to start her analysis. " it's a miracle y/n even went into a coma apparently. it seems like all of this was a result to their ability. someone told you that healing with your ability would first take a quarter of your life span, right?"

you thought back to the memory of your father training you in the field. " yes.." you spoke. " well it seems like you were already exhausted by the time you healed. regarding that, i don't know how you're alive to be honest. it would take a lot of energy, energy you didn't have. right now though, it looks like a half was taken out of your life-span instead." the doctor said truthfully.

you seemed unfazed by this so the nurse nudged you. " oh..that would seem right i guess." you answered. that's probably what your father was trying to tell you when you wandered away, you distinctly remembered. your average person would regret not listening back then, but you really don't think anything would had changed.  the doctor gave you pills that only may help lengthen your life span then she left. one after one, people gave you their most profound messages and exited.

second to last, was tachihara. he shook your hand and pulled you closer to whisper something in your ear. you nodded in reply as he walked away. now, it only left you and akutagawa.