( 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 )

WARNING: mental health mention and talk about suic*de  (dazai ofc)

(THIRD PERSON POV:)

after seeing a pit of dark, you opened your eyes up and saw light. have you been in a coma for a year again? you honestly did not know. the last thing you heard was higuchi's footsteps and the first thing you saw was a beautiful woman's face. this room seemed like an infirmary so you asked the woman who was a probable healer where exactly you were.

the lady tucked a stray hair from her bob behind her ear. " hello there. my name is akiko yosano, im a doctor to the agency of some sorts. this is the infirmary but everyone is actually looking for you in the office. would you like to go out and see them?" yosano asked you.

this was when everything that happened fell into place inside your head. it hasn't been a year thankfully. with that thought, you were relieved.

you were still quite taken aback since yosano asked you for your consent instead of pushing you into a room with extroverts, claiming it was for your better mental health. something done to you quite often in your early childhood. the mafia were the only people to let you have your peace so it was safe to assume everyone excluding them was the same.

plus, you were told the agency was just a group of extroverted hypocrites that wanted to destroy your co-workers.

it finally sunk in that you were taking too long to respond. you thought that if you completely refused to see any other members, it would look suspicious regarding your situation. you kindly told yosano " yes " and let her lead you into the office.

you awkwardly sat on a couch away from where everyone was positioned and tried your best to keep to yourself. even though, yosano was generous with her words, you still felt depressed. you were so content with being on akutagawa's team and he just left you at the drop of a hat.

when a certain person saw you sitting by yourself, he rushed over to you, almost too eagerly. " what is such a beauty doing sitting by their-self ? perhaps a double suicide would interest you?" the man known as dazai proposed his idea to you.

to be frank, you were in a cloud of your own. so when someone came up to you, you only registered that a presence was there and wanted the human to leave you alone as soon as possible.

a "...sure" was echoed in the room that went quiet at just the right moment.

why does lady luck always do that whenever people don't want to be embarassed?

before you could groan, nearly the whole agency was looking at you with surprised faces except two people. ranpo who could deduct what you meant and dazai who's face was more of a happy surprised face if anything.

" i meant maybe by myself if this loneliness progresses in the future. not with you!" you finally choked out. this followed with a few relieved sighs that you heard in the room.

suddenly, a strict looking male came out behind dazai and slapped him across the face. " y/n is obviously not in the right mental state! it's not idealistic to take advantage of someone's mentality!"

you were by no means happy to be here but at least there was someone other than yosano with some moral ground.

to be continued in....

(REVEAL) r.akutagawa ( X READER )

akutagawa ( X READER )