( 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆).𝟓

TW: MENTIONS OF DEATH I THINK? AND MENTAL HEALTH

(Y/N POV:)

i started to be partially aware i was rolling over in my sleep when i heard an alarm at first cockcrow. its not even light out yet, what is higuchi doing setting alarms so early? i guess i should get ready anyway.

i decided the bodysuit i had would be appropriate for training along with some tech-wear sweatpants. while i was brushing my teeth and getting ready, i saw a note on the wooden table placed in the middle of my room.

i looked over the note and it read:

hello y/n, this is higuchi.
me and akutagawa are probably
already at the training center, but
i made sure to set your alarm really
early so we probably haven't been
here for long. i put a map of the
forest underneath this note so you
will know which paths to take to
get here. also, one more thing! they
wont let just anyone in here so make
sure to tell them the passcode is
elise-chan.

'gee, what a weird passcode. i wonder who made that.' i sarcastically thought as i grabbed the map underneath the note and headed out the door.

...

THIRD PERSON POV:

you finally arrived to where you would be training. the long paths were quite annoying but at least you got here. the guards were stern, but as soon as you told them the passcode they made sure to let you in.

once you walked in, there were two rooms with huge mirrors in between the walls. one of the areas looked like your average room the port mafia would own to exercise your ability to fight. there were targets decorated in the back for members to aim at. you looked to the side and saw shelves of weapons, such as knives, guns, and more.

you took a step into the other room and this one was set up like your average gym. there were a bunch of dumbbells in one area, a leg press machine on the other side, treadmills, and everything in between. you had decided to stay in this room as you wanted to make your legs sturdy as possible. right now this was your weakness.

you expected there was more utilities outside, for example perhaps an obstacle course or fighting grounds but that didn't matter right now.

you were going to start by going on the treadmill, however when you turned your head, you saw akutagawa trying to figure out how the bench press works.

he knows physical strength isn't his strong suit so what exactly is he doing? i doubt he cares much about his physical appearance so he probably is strengthening everything he can just in case. but still..

you had to cover your face from cringing at the sight. you wanted to observe the man so you went to go pick up the dumbbells near the bench press.

akutagawa gave you a nasty side eye as he attempted to work out. surprisingly enough, you managed to keep your thoughts to yourself as he was using all the equipment incorrectly.

still, the glare and the silence was making an uncomfortable atmosphere at the gym so you tried to break the tension." oh by the way..thanks for reconsidering that thing.." you said just loud enough to hear.

" it's however not that simple as the deal you proposed to me. you don't get sent back to the boss if you fail, instead you die..by my hand. " akutagawa said with the intention of intimidating you while working out a machine.

call yourself crazy but you didn't totally rebuke akutagawa's deal. you didn't have anything really left to live for. sure rei and ren might be sad if you died, but what's living if you're only alive for pity of someone else. that's not a reason at all. you, yourself would be pretty pissed if someone was only alive because they viewed you as a person that couldn't deal with loss.

this battle with oshima and the chaos that akutagawa just loved to give you for some reason were the only things keeping you going. you gave akutagawa an innocent smile and sighed happily.

" fair, though now i might just fail on purpose to see your ability in full action."

A/N: FIRST COCKCROW MEANS THE TIME IN THE MORNING WHEN A ROOSTER FIRST CROWS, ITS ALSO REFERRED TO DAWN.