( 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘 )

" it seems at one point, y/n's heart definitely stopped beating

" it seems at one point, y/n's heart definitely stopped beating." the doctor started as she looked over y/n's unconscious form. she started to feel eyes to pressure her into explaining the diagnosis quicker. " it has recently continued and if our technology doesn't fail us, they could one day wake up from this comatose."

akutagawa stood up, fed up with the doctor for an hour now who seemed to be stringing along everyone's hopes. " will they wake up or not? you can't be putting the hopes on a bunch of people just for a maybe." rei then signaled for him to sit back down, even so she understood what he was saying.

" let me finish ahem..but this could be, in a few days, a few months, or possibly a very long time. all of you should go back to your lives and the time could very well come in the future. who knows?" the doctor finished.

soon enough, the doctor left the room. once word got around, mori was going to give it six months before he pulled the plug on the technology. however it seemed like fate was on y/n's side, as rei and ren got quite a few people on their side to ask for 6 extra months. this would make a year. the boss eventually agreed since this wasn't much more time than he had originally planned. plus if y/n got better, he could exploit this new length to their ability.

ONE  YEAR LATER:

today was the day, the day to pull the plug. even y/n's loyal friends, rei and ren had lost hope, stopping their daily visits a month ago. one person had never stopped though, and that was akutagawa. you could guess you could call it a favor for y/n deciding to risk it all to heal him. well, that is what he told everyone who asked or tried to tease him.

constantly throughout his life people had called akutagawa useless. however, his life was so valuable to you that you decided to trade places, one resulting in your demise. all of this of course, resulted in him being a *little* less hard on himself emotionally and doing better at work. he still wanted to know, why was that? why did you think all these things?

and anyone would wait years just to hear a heartfelt message from a deceased person on why they always thought you were so special.

...

akutagawa had decided to come early, after all it was a special day. he inhaled a fresh breath of air, preparing him for what was to come. when he walked in though, you were sitting up straight, eating some chocolate chip pancakes a nurse must have been kind enough to gift you.