( 𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 )

( L/N : LAST NAME )

( L/N : LAST NAME )

THIRD PERSON POV:

akutagawa breathed in to yell at you but stopped as he decided it wouldn't be appropriate to do in front of the mafia's limousine driver. " we are going to the hotel, ill talk to you there." he tried to calmly state.

...

the driver got to the designated place leaving you to walk around and explore the building. the hotel surely didn't look like the ballrooms owned by the port mafia, but it didn't look too shabby either. it was probably something most of middle class could afford.

after having such a rough day, you immediately went to the shower to rinse all the sweat and grime off your body. you made sure to wash your face as well and put on a favorite outfit of yours that you had packed. there was 2 beds in the hotel room, but higuchi made sure you were going to sleep in her bed. you were completely fine with it, considering akutagawa was most likely pissed with you.

...

you were chatting with higuchi about typical things until you heard loud footsteps outside. you saw higuchi shift her position right away and make an excuse on why she had to leave. within a few minutes a man swung your door open.

it was akutagawa.

" just what did you think you were doing out there? you absolutely contributed zero to the mission." the man raised his voice at you with wide eyes.

you closed your eyes, thinking about what to say next. this was important. " im embarassed more than anyone about what happened. believe me. something interesting was happening at the port so i got completely entranced with what was going on, but thats an explanation, not an excuse. if it helps, i managed to get information on rank 5's ability and possibly one of her weaknesses." you explained to akutagawa hanging your head low.

" you know how disappointed the boss would be if i left you for dead? however i feel like this was your way getting out of whatever tension he said we have."

" you think i drowned myself for you?" you scoffed at the thought unintentionally considering how absurd it was." well no, but perhaps you didn't want to save yourself, no matter though i need to tell him you don't fit this position anyway." akutagawa said as he turned to leave.

dazed by what your superior just said, you were unable to think clearly. you didn't want mori to find out about this. with that, you grabbed akutagawa's ankle and offered a deal." hold on, you can't do that. not yet. if i try to beat rank 5 again and succeed that surely must mean im strong enough! if i fail i guess you can do whatever you want." you proposed.

interesting proposition though it almost seems impossible. the male had briefly thought. though, he still needed to keep his strong composure. akutagawa pulled you up by your hand and tilted your chin up with his pointer finger and thumb. " what makes you think you can touch your superior in such a way l/n!? do not ever speak to me in that manner again. you sound utterly pathetic. " he half whispered with a poisonous intent.

he turned once again to walk out the door, but before he could shut it fully,  you heard him whisper, almost like he was talking to himself.

however..ill think about it. considering the ranks, the boss said we need all the people we can get.

in the end you were surprised that akutagawa sort of brought up the mori situation after such a long time of ignoring it.