( 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐍 )

A/N: small spoilers about aku but im pretty sure it's mentioned in season 3 of the anime.

" did you know?"  the only person left in the room broke the silence

" did you know?" the only person left in the room broke the silence. " did you know it should've killed you?" akutagawa's voice echoed against the walls.

you reflected on your answer for a nanosecond before responding. " i suppose nothing would've changed if i did..i originally thought it would be a quarter of my life. that led me to believe fate must have been on my side since that's not too much to gamble on. yet, if i knew the outcome i don't think very much would have been different, akutagawa."

though it was one hundred percent not in your intention, you offended him a bit. currently, he was struggling with a lung disease, as pathetic as it sounded. people in his situation wished to be so lucky to have a full life, to be someone like you, but you ignored that privilege and decided to shorten your life anyway. here you were, so disgustingly smiling even though you were now just like him. he couldn't comprehend how someone similar to him in any light could be happy.

for once in his life, he contained his anger, having more questions. " why. why would you do that?" he asked emotionless. you hid under the covers of your cot so you could talk to him without feeling embarrassed. " i felt fear, i don't know why but i did. something told me that your story shouldn't have ended there, that your life meant too much to not accomplish whatever your goals are. the world completely needed to see you shine bright just a little longer."

the man scoffed at how naive you sounded, just slightly. the world wouldn't have differed if he was gone, not as he was right now at least. still, he couldn't help but think about the first part of your answer. fear? weren't you always the person who spoke about fearlessness and not hesitating not take risks?

akutagawa sighed and sat on the edge of the cot. " i remember you rambled on about having no fear and being able to take risks at that cliff? what happened to that?"

you were a bit stunned by what he said but he wasn't able to see this since there was a blanket still over your head. you deeply inhaled, ready to give your answer. " you can somewhat control risking your own life, but when it happens to someone else you have little say over them living. that's why it's easier for some people to panic over the second rather than the first." you explained. " on another note...if any random person happened to be in front of me i might of healed them, but i wouldn't go out of my way to search for them like i did for you."

" i see. well ill be making my way now." akutagawa said as he put his hand on the doorknob.

" akutagawa said as he put his hand on the doorknob