( 𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄 )

you gave akutagawa his coat looking away, not wanting him to see your flustered expression

you gave akutagawa his coat looking away, not wanting him to see your flustered expression. suddenly a guard came out, a face you recognized. it was one of akutagawas subordinates who had a mission to infiltrate the snow owls.

you and akutagawa looked out the window of the warehouse. even though by no means was it a clear enough space of glass, you could see the people from organization were quite a bit down from the building. oshima was positioned in the alleyways away from the port. a few other ranks were scattered throughout the city and the boss was entering a separate building.

you knew the port mafia would come and deal with the rest of the ranks but it was clear right now, akutagawa would probably have to take on the boss. the boss was presumably the strongest so you wondered how your boss was feeling right now, despite the fact you had your differences.

it seemed the "guard" knew what you were thinking so he decided to speak. " the boss is strong as dazai if not stronger, it's best you give up akutagawa and give it to a stronger mafia member."

akutagawa gave the guard a death stare but you knew better. that last month you spent training with him and dai, you got to slightly know him better. keyword: slightly

based on what dai had told you, you had the feeling akutagawa deep down would hate messing this mission up and this guy comparing the boss' strength to dazai probably didn't help.

" no offense, but what do you know about abilities considering you don't have one? people who don't know much about a topic shouldn't give advice especially if it's wrong." something urged you to say. you weren't expecting to say that much, but you felt like something made you say it. before you could blink, a gory scene was displayed in front of you as the guard was slaughtered by a certain coat.

" he was a double spy." akutagawa confirmed and breathed in to question you. " you thought he was wrong, why?" he said and turned to you sincerely.

" you always claim you're stronger than me right? if that's true, id be disappointed if you couldn't take down one of the only people stronger than oshima ." you brainstormed something, anything on the spot, hiding what you really wanted to say.

" and no, i don't think you're biting off more than you can chew in this battle, if that's what you're asking."

the male let out a frustrated sigh. " i didn't ask that, also would you stop insulting people in my place? it's foolish and quite frankly something i don't need."

" yeah i didn't mean to say that much." you said scratching the back of your head. " but something urged me to since it's something i truly wanted to say. it wasnt for you, just my personal opinion." you stated boldly.

oddly enough, akutagawa didn't say anything else and you went to go look at the window once more. you weren't sure if you could beat oshima if she stayed away from the water. you wanted to be able to prove yourself to akutagawa, you actually cared about a fight for once.

" hey akutagawa..i know you're probably pissed and all but could you do me a favor?"

( A/N: sorry if i haven't been updating as much, it was kind of my birthday today 😩😩)