( 𝐒𝐔𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 )

after all that has happened, you went to your apartment to take a shower and check up on your belongings

after all that has happened, you went to your apartment to take a shower and check up on your belongings. you were a little worried that you would be evicted due to being in a coma for a year but it looks like mori took care of everything for once.

you wrapped yourself up in a towel while listening to some random playlist that you clicked on. you took into consideration that your ability technically caused the comatose. this caused uncertainty that akutagawas team would let you work right away. figuring you could just talk to higuchi tomorrow, you put your phone down and took a nap.

but a short one this time

( NEXT DAY: )

during afternoon time after doing some paperwork, higuchi grabbed you to talk to you in a separate room. once you sat down, you decided to question her right away. " i know my ability is what technically caused me to go asleep for so long.  you guys might think i shouldn't use my ability now or not want someone on your team who was just in the hospital. so i need to know everyone's opinions." you told the woman across from you.

" you definitely look healthy enough, i can clearly see there's no complications. i should just call akutagawa to make sure!" higuchi said touching the screen on her phone. however, as she pushed the number buttons you could feel anxiety build up. what if akutagawa thought differently than higuchi?

you couldn't hear the other line of the phone properly, probably because it wasn't on speaker. you did carefully try to observe higuchi's expressions and responses though. right before the phone call ended, you could conclude that higuchi was being told by akutagawa that he didn't want you on the team for now due to the situation with your ability.

and your co-worker turned to tell you just that.

you looked down to the floor. doing paper work for who knows how long at your job wouldn't properly satisfy you. having the type of job where you couldn't see the outside world always was one of your fears. you would likely become depressed and you didn't want that right now. why did things have to change so much?

" higuchi. i can't just sit doing paper work waiting on an answer from you guys, for probably a very long time. you know that type of life is gonna wear me out and in the worst way possible. i don't want that, i just came back from a coma and i don't know what's going on with my life! please, there has to be something i can do.." you begged higuchi.

she suddenly looked to the side as if to think. " well akutagawa seemed the most concerned about your ability and i don't use my ability during missions. maybe for now, you can do what i do and be a helper of mine or some sorts."

you listened to higuchi talk and what she said sounded like a good idea.